“Living it in the past !”
Review of Surya Palace

Surya Palace
Ranked #26 of 48 Hotels in Noida
Manipal, India
“Living it in the past !”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I stayed for two days and three nights with my spouse in this place when we had visited Noida for the Formula One race. The place was difficult to locate as there is no board and one must recognise it only by a faded sculpture of the SUN that graces its entrance. It is an imposing building from the outside, the lobby is huge with high ceilings. The sight that first met us was the person at the reception sitting amidst a cloud of mosquitoes swirling around his head ! This made us apprehensive right at the outset. However, the rooms were clean and mostly mosquito free. The rooms are again very big, with a huge bathroom but facilities are very basic and we got the impression that maintenance was quite poor, especially as many of the bathroom fixtures were not working properly and the geyser was a scary looking rusted contraption, though to be fair, it provided hot water throughout our stay. The staff are very courteous, ready to help in any way and very quick with their services. The food is simple fare but very well prepared and I often wish I could have their dal and subji s again. Breakfast has very limited options, what they do provide is decent though. One must say that the prices are very very decent. Overall, it wasn't a bad experience. We felt that if the maintenance is better, Surya Palace will indeed be a much more desirable place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Steph_Mehta, Business Development Director at Surya Palace, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Traveller

Thank you for your review, We appreciate all feedback from our guests. I am delighted to hear that you found our staff to be very helpful and courteous and the food of a good quality. I will let the staff know that their hard work is continuing to pay off.

As regards the maintenance, we are aware that some of the fixtures have become dated and as previously mentioned, we are planning a refurbishment starting with the bathrooms from early 2014.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future so you can experience the changes firsthand.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Had an amazing experience during my stay near Diwali...Beautifully Decorated...gud hotel with gud rooms and great facilities...Quality is not compromised...All waiters are smiling face...I would love to visit again and again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Steph_Mehta, Business Development Director at Surya Palace, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear Preksha, thank you for your review. Feedback is important to us and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your comments to our staff to motivate them that they have done well and to encourage them to work even harder.

We take pride in our work and are continually working to improve in every way possible. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Surya Palace in the future so you can experience the changes as they take place.
Estonia
Reviewed 3 November 2013

It was an interesting two nights at the Surya Palace. On arrival they were in a bit of disbelief that I had booked online (the reception has no computer). Then I was guided into a room on the ground floor. The shower dispenser had clogged and rusted and I asked them to replace that, which they did. Also got the WiFi going - the speed is 2mbit/s all around the hotel. Didn't realize immediately that the bathroom window has no net and the room filled with mosquitoes, so first night was quite bothersome. In the morning I complained and was quickly transferred to the 1st floor. Cleanliness is general, bed sheets of course stained, interior is a serious nostalgia shot if you have been around in the 1970s. On the other hand everything kind of works! Water heater you have to remember to put on yourself. It's rusted casing has two wires coming out connected to a led so you know that it's actually working. Staff is responsive and all problems were solved. I have been to better places for the same charge but also worse so this is average. And you can stop asking them to put up a sign on the exterior face. If they haven't done it to this day, for whatever reason, they're never gonna do it! Just remember Sector 31, C1/7&1/8.

Room Tip: Check that everything works before you take a room. Check for mosquitoes.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Steph_Mehta, Business Development Director at Surya Palace, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear Mr Kukk

Thank you for your review, feedback is always important as it enables us to highlight where we can improve and to monitor the performance of our staff.

I have looked into the confusion over your booking when you were checking in. It seems that on that particular day, Booking.com did not send us confirmation and notification of your booking until after you had already arrived at Surya Palace. I will be contacting them with regard to this delay to avoid any inconvenience in the future. Our system for check in is manual and then all details are entered into our central computer which is in our back office. For our purpose, we find this the most efficient way of dealing with our guests as the majority are corporate clients who are already regulars and pre-booked by their companies and do not like to undertake a long computer based check in procedure.

As regards the room to which you were shown on the first night of your stay, that weekend we were almost fully booked with guests attending the Formula One and a large group booking, some guests of which were staying an additional day. As such, we only had the rooms available which are first on the schedule for major refurbishment next year. My reception team have made me aware that on check in you were offered an upgrade to a Suite but as per your preference you opted for the smaller room. I will however look into the matter of the bathroom in the first room you were accommodated in as it would appear that maintenance is required.

As regards the board outside for signage, the address board is clearly displayed outside although at this time the hotel logo and name is not printed. This will be rectified as part of our plans for refurbishment next year as I have stated on previous review responses. We are available 24 hours a day via phone and email to provide directions if there is any difficulty.

I am pleased that you found our staff to be courteous and helpful and that they were successful in rectifying your problems and efficiently providing you solutions as soon as they were made aware of them and the facilities were available.

I would like to invite you back to Surya Palace in the future and show you the changes that have taken place once our refurbishment of the bathrooms has been done.
Kozhikode, India
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Good hotel, rooms are clean. but if they provide 24 hours check out then it will be one of the best hotel to stay. All waiters are smiling face. Could not understand why they not putting hotel board at main entrance so that easy to find by guest or Taxi drivers. GIP mall is near by( By auto 50 rs only) spice mall is walk able distance. Planning to visit again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Steph_Mehta, Business Development Director at Surya Palace, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Dedacain, thank you for your review. Guest feedback is essential for us to improve our services. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and will inform the staff of your feedback so they can feel rewarded for their hard work.

The sign board is currently undergoing a change as part of our ongoing refreshment/renovation which is why only our address board is currently displayed outside.

As per the 24 hour check out process, we do such a service and I will investigate as to why this was not offered to you if you had requested the same - whenever our guests have a requirement we endeavor to provide for them.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Surya Palace many times again in the future.
Pune, India
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Booked the entire hotel for 3 days for a function. Surprisingly low priced. I was apprehensive about the service because of this. The rooms were always definitely impressive. I do not merely complement them, I thank them for making all my guests so very happy. Every single person was extremely impressed. this is what counts in Indian hospitality and they did this for me. Thank you

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Steph_Mehta, Business Development Director at Surya Palace, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Dear 2003_sri

Thank you for your review of your experience with us at Surya Palace. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us. Our mission statement is to provide guests with excellent customer service and facilities as you would expect to find in any well reputed property but without the hefty price tag that often comes attached.

We work hard constantly to achieve this and I am ecstatic that we have been so successful with you and your family in this regard. I will certainly be passing along your comments to the rest of our team to inspire and motivate them to continue to provide such service and even improve.

We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family members back to Surya Palace in the future.
Noida
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I cant stop myself from appreciating the hospitality i got after staying at this place. Its a very safe place for women. Very hygienically kept and maintained. Quality is not compromised. Very nice and humble management and staff members were there. Great ambience n good quality food is also an asset for Surya Palace .

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jyoti23486
Steph_Mehta, Business Development Director at Surya Palace, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Jyoti - Thank you for your review of your experience with us at Surya Palace. It is wonderful to receive such positive feedback.

We work tirelessly to ensure our guests feel safe and secure and as if they were at home whilst staying with us. It is even more important now especially for our female guests and we are delighted that we have again achieved our goal.

I will pass your comments on to our management and staff as encouragement and motivation to continue working as hard as they do. They will pleased to hear another satisfied guest has shared their experience as a reward for the hard work they undertake.

We hope to welcome you back to Surya Palace again in the future
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I stayed at Surya Palace in March 2013. This was my first visit to Noida and I chose Surya Palace because it was on the recommended accommodation list from my office and also because I saw some good reviews on TripAdvisor. The tariff was very reasonable compared to other similar properties with similar facilities and the room was of a good size, well presented and comfortable.

I was very impressed with the attentiveness of the staff from the time of making the booking, at check in, all through my stay and again at check out. All requests were handled timely and without refusal. I had some issues with my laptop connecting to the hotel WI-FI and the management personally sat with me and fixed the problem timely.The food was plentiful, reasonably priced and of a good quality which is essential when travelling.

The best part of Surya Palace was its excellent location - it is right next to what will be the City Centre so when that development is complete, you will truly be in the heart of the city. here are 3 shopping malls and cinemas all within 2km as well as local markets including the famous Atta market in sector 18. It is also within 5km of all the major commercial and industrial areas. Auto's, rickshaws and taxis are available within minutes as the main Delhi road is right on your doorstep and the metro to Delhi is only 1km away.

I have to come back to Noida in October and will definitely be staying here again and will recommend it to friends and family as an excellent base for business or pleasure....

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
S. Calistan - thank you for your review. It is very encouraging for us to know that we have yet another satisfied customer willing to share their experience with us so we can welcome more guests in the future.

Our staff will appreciate your comments about their hard work and attention to detail. Our management and staff work tirelessly to ensure service standards are maintained and guests leave Surya Palace satisfied.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Surya Palace on your next trip.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Noida
Hotel P.K. Residency
#17 of 48 in Noida
Treebo Kings Plaza
Treebo Kings Plaza
#324 of 716 in New Delhi

Been to Surya Palace? Share your experiences!