“an option to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Durgapur
Hotel Rose Valley Durgapur
Ranked #6 of 18 Durgapur B&B and Inns
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“an option to stay”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Overall it is a good hotel. Breakfast is ok. rooms are not at per rose valley standard. Being a frequent traveler to Durgapur I stayed 6-7 times in this hotel. Last couple of times I wanted to book the room by sending email and through phone. Surprisingly they every time they said that no rooms available. And all the times I then booked room through 'www.makemytrip.com'' and got confirmed booking.

Room Tip: Single rooms are too small. I will prefer the double bedded room only.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank KuntalGanguly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Avon, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Good hotel overall.

Enjoyed my stay expect for really idiotic behavior by front desk person. I had a reservation for double room for two people, which also included a breakfast. Needless to say two people could were eligible to have breakfast. When checking out the lady at the front desk, Ms.Mampi Chowdhury, said that I would have to pay for one of the two people at breakfast. The logic she gave me was that as I was the only person who stayed in the room (which was not the case anyways) I was eligible to only one breakfast. I was floored by this lady's stupidity. I was paying for a double occupancy room!! So regardless of how many people stayed in the room, I am entitled to having breakfast provided for two people. End of story!!

After a long (time wasting) argument she finally relented. However - that left me entirely pissed off! That one incident by staff member with sub-par intelligence really spoiled my opinion about the hotel. I will probably check out the other hotels in the same area the next time I stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Rahul S
kolkata
Reviewed 11 January 2014

whenever i travel to durgapur , this is my choice of stay. compact rooms, impeccable service, good buffet dinners and and damn good breakfast.Recently they have upgraded their toilet amentites and would recommend all business travelers.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank shubhojit
New Delhi
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Really good. very well organized & quick service.

Also the location of the hotel is perfect almost next to shopping mall as well as not far away from main bus service stand.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

2 Thank Tushar G
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We stayed in this hotel while visiting Durgapur for one day. It was really good. Total value for Money. The hotel and the rooms are maintained properly. Nice clean and you get all the basic amenities. I strongly recommend this hotel for stay. The stuffs are very helpful. I did my booking through MakeMyTrip and they didn't send the confirmation of booking to hotel. But the hotel stuff resolved that issue with all the ease and made out check in very easy. A thumps up to this hotel . Also as in Durgapur you require your own vehicle, so you will be happy to know that this hotel has ample space for 2/4 wheeler parking.

Room Tip: If you booked through MakeMyTrip then call the hotel and make sure MMT had done the booking properly...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Atish_Sihi
Varanasi, India
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I think this is the best hotel in Durgapur which is centrally located. This is my second stay after a gap of one year. Keep it up!!! Always looking forward whenever visiting Durgapur. It has all the facilities plus the location part is excellent, Thank you !!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Amrit P
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 7 October 2013

For an area (Durgapur - Asansol) that is quite important to the economic fortunes of West Bengal, it is really surprising that there are very few good business hotels in the area. And having had the misfortune of staying in two other hotels, I have to say that Rose Valley is the best in the city.

Rose Valley is the classical no - frills hotel (this was Ginger Earlier) and I must say it has maintained the good standards set by Ginger. The prices are very reasonable. The check in and check out process is handled very efficiently.

The location of the hotel is bang in the middle of the town (next to the Junction mall). The rooms are clean and spacious and gives one the opportunity to get a good night's sleep. The bathroom are quite clean with clean linen.

The one big down side is the extremely average breakfast that comes with the package. I left the food halfway. But I hear that this was the exception rather than the norm.

Easily the best place to stay in Durgapur especially at that price and considering the competition.

Room Tip: None Really.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business