This resort hotel is close to Matara, Tangalle and the new south coast airport and is built on a peninsular that is surrounded on 3 sides by the Indian Ocean. It has a pool, tennis courts and a private beach and the accommodation is mostly in chalets, which, although not describable as homely or comfortable, have a welcoming exotic feel about them. The rooms are sparsely furnished and the beds are shrouded in mosquito nets - although I was bitten on both of my night's stay - and there is a coffee/tea facility provided. Wi-fi is not available in the rooms, but in the public areas is quite reliable, and the rooms do not have a safe. The drinks and laundry are quite expensive with lime juice curiously more expensive than a large lager. The overall service was adequate but then I and my 2 colleagues were the only guests so it may be tardy during the tourist season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dickwella Resort is located on a small peninsula embraced by the most beautiful part of the Indian Ocean and intertwined with a myriad of topical flowers and vegetation. Our Resort consists of three different kinds of Bars and Restaurants. Our guestrooms have Sri Lankan style furnishings and a sea view. We offer fresh sea water swimming pool, Jacuzzi, private beach, Spa, diving, canoeing, snorkeling and excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dickwella Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dickwella Hotel Dikwella
- Dickwella Hotel Tangalle
- Dickwella Resort Tangalle
- Dickwella Resort & Spa Sri Lanka/Dikwella