We stayed here for two nights as part of 6 day tour. Amazing location, when the only minor flaw you can find is the lack of shut eye, due to the noise of the thrashing waves keeping you awake, you know you have found a little piece of heaven (hence the only poor comment on sleep quality, which was nothing to do with the beds). We e-mailed ahead and managed to book a superior room, right on the front of the hotel, with a large balcony and quite possibly the best room view we have ever had. Staff in the hotel were very friendly. The fact that you could use their sister spa hotel (which is equally as beautiful in a different way), just yards up the road was an added bonus. Unawatuna beach itself has a nice feel to it, not touristy at all, with a nice mix of people including families and backpackers, with a couple of nice bars. It is possible to swim in the sea here, unlike many of the other places in Sri Lanka. The ocean view restaurant is just another plus of this place. In summary, this place (or it's sister spa hotel) should feature on all bucket lists.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thaproban Beach house is by the world famous Unawatuna beach. It has oneof the very few best known restaurants in the region. Some rooms areoverlooking the Indian Ocean with private balcony and lot of comfort. Rooms are equipped with A/C, Satellite T.V (LCD), Mini bar, In room teamaking facility, En suite bathroom with hot and cold waterand well furnished. Safe facility is provided and free Wifi in Public area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Thaproban Beach House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thaproban Beach House Hotel Unawatuna
- Thaproban Beach Hotel
- Thaproban Beach Unawatuna