This hotel doesn´t deserve such a good score. It is definitely overpriced. We paid 110 EUR per night and it was not worthy. We found too late (booking from home) that there are many hotels with much higher standard and quality in Sri Lanka for that, or even lower price. We had the penthouse suite, but used only one room. Furniture is a bit worn off, chairs on balcony very uncomfortable to sit and enjoy definitely stunning view on the beach. Food is also average. So called western breakfast nothing special, mainly due to lower quality products such as coffee or eggs, which had almost white yolks. Fruits were not very fresh. Only on last day we had Eastern breakfast and it was uncomparably better. Location on the beach is great, BUT: don´t even think about going there during full moon. Neighboring restaurant organizes a HOUSE PARTY, not just a party, but a real terribly noisy house party which lasted until 08,00 AM!!! We couldn´t sleep all night. In the morning we complained and reaction of the manager was very unprofessional: I am sorry, but I can do nothing with this. He did not call police, or talk to his neighbor, although many guests complained. Noise was all the night so bad, that all the windows trembled. When we got on the balcony, smell of well-known grass was so strong, that we almost got stoned only from staying there for couple of minutes. Therefore I give sleep quality review as poor, besides this night it was very good.
Staff was otherwise very nice and helpful. Driver Diaz who picked us up from the airport was very nice and safe driver. Chefs were also nice and hepful. Hotel, rooms and bed linen were clean. AC worked well, but we couldn´t got connected to hotel wi-fi in penthouse. If the price was lower and without the house party I would give better rating, but with this house party experience and value, I unfortunatelly cannot. I hope owners of the hotels in Unawatuma will do something with this house party which is clearly scaring their tourists off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thaproban Beach house is by the world famous Unawatuna beach. It has oneof the very few best known restaurants in the region. Some rooms areoverlooking the Indian Ocean with private balcony and lot of comfort. Rooms are equipped with A/C, Satellite T.V (LCD), Mini bar, In room teamaking facility, En suite bathroom with hot and cold waterand well furnished. Safe facility is provided and free Wifi in Public area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, Odigeo and Evoline ltd so you can book your Thaproban Beach House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thaproban Beach House Hotel Unawatuna
- Thaproban Beach Hotel
- Thaproban Beach Unawatuna