I stayed here for one week in early March, with my husband and two daughters (1 and 4). I must agree with so many of the previous reviewers, that the staff is so genuinely friendly and helpful! Our oldest daughter loved playing around with the staff and she was at ease with them from the start, which is a really good sign!
We stayed in one of the two beachfront rooms, which was perfect for us with the small children. We were a bit concerned at first that the restaurant, which is right outside, would be noisy, but as this is not a party place we were not bothered. The food is really nice and we had an excellent selection for breakfast. The staff was very flexible in giving us food that the children also enjoyed. The dinner setting on the beach was beautiful, and there are also plenty of other restaurants to choose from.
From the pictures I can see that there has not always been a beach in front of the hotel, as the sand moves back and forth along the beach, but when we were there the beach was nice. Not the widest I’ve seen, but enough for some sunbeds and for the children to play. The waves can be a bit high though.
The main drawback is, as other reviewers also have written, the bathrooms. The towels also smelled a bit funny some days, even though they had been washed. The rooms are basic but spacious, and they really have all you need. The beach in Unawatuna is completely filled up with small hotels, so if you are looking for a deserted paradise beach, this is not for you. I would however love to stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thaproban Beach house is by the world famous Unawatuna beach. It has oneof the very few best known restaurants in the region. Some rooms areoverlooking the Indian Ocean with private balcony and lot of comfort. Rooms are equipped with A/C, Satellite T.V (LCD), Mini bar, In room teamaking facility, En suite bathroom with hot and cold waterand well furnished. Safe facility is provided and free Wifi in Public area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo and Evoline ltd so you can book your Thaproban Beach House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thaproban Beach House Hotel Unawatuna
- Thaproban Beach Hotel
- Thaproban Beach Unawatuna