A lovely, small hotel right by the sea. The staff are extremely friendly. A special thanks to Priyantha and Nalinda for making my birthday so special. Rooms are spacious and very clean. The food is amazing! I highly recommend the Sri-Lankan breakfast.
The only thing to critisize is the billing. We were able to pay in USD via credit card online in advance. At the hotel itself this was not possible. Payment by credit card is then only possible in Rupees and at the hotel exchange rate, which is quite unfavourable for the guests!!! This fact is not conveyed to the guests in advance, so check when paying your bills!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thaproban Beach house is by the world famous Unawatuna beach. It has oneof the very few best known restaurants in the region. Some rooms areoverlooking the Indian Ocean with private balcony and lot of comfort. Rooms are equipped with A/C, Satellite T.V (LCD), Mini bar, In room teamaking facility, En suite bathroom with hot and cold waterand well furnished. Safe facility is provided and free Wifi in Public area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Odigeo and Southall Travel so you can book your Thaproban Beach House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thaproban Beach House Hotel Unawatuna
- Thaproban Beach Hotel
- Thaproban Beach Unawatuna