“Amazing Birthday Weekend!”
Review of Joe's Bungalow

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel on the 3rd of May weekend...let me start with the view and location...absolutely awesome! me and my group of 12 friends were greeted with welcome drinks on arrival. The hospitality was exceptional as was the food which exceeded expectations. The staff were very obliged and went out of their way to make sure everything was perfect and were so friendly and polite.

The rooms were very comfortable and cozy and the toilets were very clean.

There was a nice bit of beach adjoining the bungalow that made our trip that much better.

Me and my friends had such a good time, we cannot wait to go back to "Joe's Bungalow"! No complaints at all! :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ronali P
Kay009, Owner at Joe's Bungalow, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2015

Dear Guest

Thanks so much for your lovely review, we are really happy to hear you had a great Birthday weekend and we were able to make it an event to remember. We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 11 March 2014

The property is almost on the beach. Clean rooms and a special thanks to the very obliging and hospitable staff. The food too was very good. I will most definitely like to come back and spend a few extra nights soon.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your kind review. We are really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed at this hotel in February 2014 and the management was beyond pathetic. It seems this hotel/bungalow is facing a severe identity crisis as they are not sure if they are operating as a hotel or a bungalow.
We arrived earlier than the check-in time and we were asked to wait until the rooms were made ready (which was fine). At 1pm ONE the two rooms was given to us and we opted to have lunch while we waited. The second room was not ready until after 2.30pm and when we asked for the room we were informed that there was a mix up in the bookings and we would not get the room we were promised instead we would get another room. The guests in this room were just checking out and there was a further wait of an hour whilst that room was done up. We settled into that room for an afternoon nap and found that the A/C was not working! Once again we were asked to move rooms. Finally it was 4pm when we settled into a proper room and this was after arriving at the location at 11am! Tired and irritated we were in the midst of having a shower when the water stopped, when we checked with the manager we were informed that the entire stretch of hotels did not have water but we were later informed that the water pump was turned off by mistake within the property itself.
The rooms were being upgraded while we were there which I believe led to most of the room delays. Just a suggestion to the management that these upgrades should be done at a time when there are no guests at the hotel as it is completely inconvenient to any paying guest.
This is a beautiful location which is terribly managed. Even the staff at the Colombo office seem to be very incompetent as the booking details were messed up initially.
Our holiday was ruined by the terrible service and complete incompetence of the management and staff of this hotel.
Never again!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JJayaweera
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We stayed in this awesome property for 2 nights. Awesome because the view and the location is fabulous. We were there on 28th & 29th Dec'2013. My only suggestion to all Indians will be never visit this property. The manager is pathetic. I feel bad to see such a lovely property is being handled by such an unfriendly, rude manager. I guess he needs to be taught what hospitality is!!! He has no empathy even for a 2 yr old kid. Well this space is too small to describe our staying experience in Joe's Bungalow.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank 513traveller
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Myself and my wife have stayed at Joe's Bungalow on three occasions in the last two years and I thought it only right that I pass on my thanks and gratitude.

The bungalow is basically directly on the beach and is perfect for morning and evening walks along the beach front.

The staff are very attentive and cannot do enough to help you and make your stay as perfect as possible. While the accommodation is relatively basic, it is clean and well maintained.

I will certainly be returning in the near future.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gary C
Reviewed 22 November 2013

This is one of the most beautiful places I have been in my extensive travels, having worked for Emirates for some time I thought I had seen it all. To my surprise once the main gate to Joe's bungalow was opened and I saw the sunrise over the property I was truly speechless. The staff are so accommodating and friendly no request is too much they cater to your every need. I have been on numerous holidays since staying at joe's Bungalow including the Maldives amongst others and I would still put Joe's Bungalow as my favourite destination due to the experience I had. Will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed: January 2013
Kay009, Owner at Joe's Bungalow, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your lovely review. It is so nice to hear that you had a great holiday and Joe's Bungalow is one of your favourites! I am glad that our staff were able to meet your expectations and we do hope to see you again should you return to Sri Lanka!

Reviewed 21 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at Joes Bungalow and what a beautiful, tranquil and stunning get away. Its set right on the beach but has very easy access to local bars and food places, such an ideal setting.

We stayed in the smaller guest quarters rather than the main bungalow itself and its was absolutely perfect, the 2 guys onsite couldn't have done more for us, and were always keen to help us in anyway they could.

As it was just the 2 of us, and we couldn't speak a word of the local language, the staff helped us with everything from making recommendations, to booking us taxi's to the airport and tut-tut's into Galle.

The ocean right outside is a bay and absolutely ideal for snorkeling and seemed very safe to actually go out quite far.

Overall, highly recommended for a chilled out, friendly and stunning holiday.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for leaving your lovely review. We are so happy to hear that you and your husband had a great holiday and that you were happy with our sevice. Should you return to Sri Lanka again we look forward to seeing you!