“Wish we could have stayed longer”
Review of Sun'n'Sea Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Unawatuna
Sun'n'Sea Hotel
Ranked #16 of 152 Unawatuna B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 June 2014

If you're not looking for a high-end resort, Sun N Sea is just about perfect for a few nights in Unawatuna. Rooms are clean and furnished simply. The location, with views sweeping west across the length of Unawatuna Beach, is fantastic. We enjoyed all of our meals at Sun N Sea, sitting just a few metres from the waves, and the staff were extremely helpful.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JamesEVermont

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We haven't stayed in the hotel but we have been eating there almost everyday. You should try their delicious club sandwich and amazing drinks. We became friends with the owners and bartenders. Amazing place to stay I would say :-) The view of a sunset while eating delicious food, priceless!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I remember being here the first time. This time was just about as good. I got here pretty darn late. But the hotel knew I was coming. So they let me in without a fuss. I stayed in the same room I was here the last time (first floor, room 6). Heard the waves and went to sleep. Felt the sun stream in and heard the waves as a I woke up. Jumped straight into the ocean and spent nearly an hour in it (got a mild sun burn in the process). Had a beasty breakfast and a massive lunch. It was a holiday well spent. The staff, couple of them who looked like they remembered me were as nice as I last remember them.

Room Tip: I prefer the first floor just because you get a better view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 March 2014

The place is located at the corner of where the beach begins. It has a great view of the entire sea coast.
The food is great and the staff is ever friendly and warm.
Make sure you take the room on the ground floor as it's closer to the sea.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank deecee02
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Title says it all..Best BB inn in una...

only thing i could propose is to make the balconies private rather than using the balcony as a passage way the existing passageway could be used.Next time planning to rent all the rooms on the top floor with a larger crowd..

Room Tip: Ask for the room on the top corner...Larger and less disturbance
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Being a family of five its hard to find accommodation that is good value and in a great location. We stayed two nights here in the air-conditioned family room which meant we could all be together. The room is just lovely with a generous bathroom. Outside the rooms is a terrace where you can sit in the cool breeze and watch the waves. It was just wonderful being able to swim right out in front and its only a short walk into Unawatuna. This means its a very peaceful location. The restaurant is so lovely on the terrace looking onto the sea and across to the twinkling lights of the main beach strip. Whilst our teenagers had the pizzas (which are amazing- see my review of the pizza bistro) my husband and I had the house curry special both nights. They were really delicious and well worth ordering. You get a range of curries that are superb. I must say with the combination of the hotel and the wonderful restaurant this results in an easy choice for accommodation at Unawatuna.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Japtour2010
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We checked in for 4 nights at this wonderful place. Beautiful location away from the main crowded beach but at a walk-able distance. The place has its own small beach next to it. The staff is wonderful and lends a family air to the entire place.All rooms are beautiful and sea facing.We wished to stay more but our itinerary was already planned. The food is good specially the wood fired pizzas and Sri Lankan food.The view from the restaurant and sound of the waves double the taste of the food served
Will return to this place

Room Tip: All rooms are good with sea view
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple