All reviewstop floorgreat hotelrooms are largeenjoyed our stayunawatuna beachtuk tuk
Reviewed 28 November 2012

A lovely stay here for 5000rupees - large room with a fan, tv and hot shower and breakfast on the balcony was just beautiful. The hotel is a little set bak from the beach but just a few metres over the wall you can get to it. There are some rocks between the beach in front of the hotel and the main part of the beach - but it's an easy wade through the water to get there or you can walk through the town. It gets a bit noisy on this beach so I'd shut the widows when you're off to bed.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Silkesd
Reviewed 24 November 2012

I stayed here in November 2012. The room I had was on the top floor and had a kingsize bed, ceiling fan (AC rooms available for an extra 600rps) and great balcony with a view out to the sea. Definitely request a top floor room if you go! The staff were friendly and helpful and I paid 4000LKR (plus service charge). I had a nice breakfast on the balcony in the morning, which was 400LKR and they catered to my vegan diet. The room itself was clean and had lots of storage. I only stayed one night but wouldn't hesitate to visit again and I strongly recommend it to anyone staying in Unawatuna.

Room Tip: Top floor - the ceiling fans are powerful so for me, an AC room wasn't necessary.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank SettledinSpain
Reviewed 5 April 2012

The hotel is situated on beach road a 10 yard walk to the beach itself. I had a top floor room where the views are the best and from where you can see all of Unawatuna beach. The room itself is a very good size with king sized bed and mosquito net and aircon as well as ceiling fan. A refrigerator is provided and there is a tv although it didnt work when i was there. Shower was hot at all times of the day. Breakfast was served on the spacious balcony and was very substantial and tasty. The hotel has wifi but this does not work in the top floor rooms and you need to go down to the reception area to use it. Staff are very helpful and I enjoyed the 7 nights i spent there

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor. Views are great.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 November 2011

I really enjoyed the location, most of the staff, and the rooms are very well furnished with quality wood. The prices seem to differ on where you get your info from?? I would stay there again if they would be kind enough to give out the password for you the wifi, they charge a good price for the room and yet hold back on something that doesn't really cost them any more to give out..

Room Tip: Check to see if you will be able to handle the smell of diesel that is coming from the back yard.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2011

I can see that the prices fluctuate, but since I went in the low season in June my friend and I paid just 2500LKR (about $24) for a non-AC room with fan. Yes, this place is not right on the beach but it is a very short walk to the beach from here. Also, the views from the balcony are fantastic and most importantly, the room was clean and the bathroom was spotless. There was a little TV (we never turned it on) and a mini-fridge to keep our bevvies cool. Wouldn't hesitate to book this place again!

Room Tip: Don't hesitate to ask to see a room before you decide to book - if it's not high season.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends