“Great vegetarian food and smothies”

Jina's Vegetarian and Vegan Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 115 Restaurants in Unawatuna
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The restaurant is listed in the latest edition of Lonely Planet and Rough Guide. No website as far as I know.
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Small place, personal atmosphere, great food, good prices. Jina always came to see if everything was OK.

1  Thank srensen1957linda

Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

...which makes me believe people are scared by the name 'vegetarian and vegan' restaurant. Even so, we sat down due to the good reviews on TA. Not a vegetarian myself, i don't mind not eating meat for a night.
We ordered guacamole, falafel and chocolate cake as a desert. We also had a pineapple and avocado/banana/coconut -juice. And let me tell you, everything tasted really good!
The service was friendly and quick. Highly recommend this place to anyone.
A nice bonus, it is not such a tourist trap place like many of the places on the beach front.

1  Thank LKren
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I picked this restaurant because we had 3 vegetarians in our party and based on the reviews this was going to be one of our best experiences in srilanka. It turned out to be our worst experience. The restaurant furniture consists of the cheapest plastic garden furniture. We were ready to order and some us wanted to order to Indian food which was on the menu. We were told that there was no Indian food that evening (.... ?). When we ordered another item we were told this was also not available. When I asked the waiter if he could tell us what was available on the menu - it turned out that the only options were the dishes listed on the ' Thursday' menu ; three were 4 options. When I ordered 1 of the 4 options, I was told that this dish was also not available - in fact we had a choice between 3 'Thursday' dishes! One of us had a falafel dish which was fine. The others opted for the rice and curry option - 2 of the 3 curries were ok, but the mushroom curry was terrible - basically mushrooms in a bland gravy. After 3 weeks in Sri Lanka this was probably our worst rice and curry meal.

1  Thank Marina T
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Absolutely wonderful! The whole time I've been in Sri Lanka, this was by far the best restaurant we've eaten in and had the best food! My sister and I also took a cooking lesson with the chef, and it was really great!

2  Thank Michal2307
Reviewed 28 July 2014

At first we weren't sure because it does not look very charming when you see the place, but after lunch we came back for dinner. The falafel is good, but I thought the nachos were even better!

3  Thank a c