“One of the best!”
Review of The Sanctuary Spa

The Sanctuary Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: A massage spa offering relaxing treatments e.g. Swedish massage, Ayurvedic massage, Face massage, Shirodara treatment, Herbal steam bath etc set in a tranquil lush tropical garden down a small lane off the beach road. Booking is essential - Please book with Ranga +94 (0) 77 307 8583 to avoid disappointment.
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

I've had many massages in my life (of which a lot in asia) and I have to say that this one was in my top 3! I took the Ayurvedic massage for one hour and it was heaven :) Chandrani was the name of my masseuse and she was very profesional, would definately recommend her en this spa! Took a nice shower there afterwards because I was going straight to the airport which was a nice service/touch together with the fresh coconut!

3  Thank Steefjjeee
"let them know"
"sri lanka"
in 21 reviews

Reviewed 30 September 2017

Very nice masseurs and atmosphere. The treatment was very delicious and relaxing. I highly recommend this

3  Thank Bjørn Ø
Reviewed 31 August 2017

Spa in unawatuna are very expensive. Sanctuary Spa was our last attempt at finding a good one(after reading reviews on tripadvisor) and man did we find the best one.

Reasonably priced at 3300 for ayurvedic massage. The ambience and service was very nice. You get a complimentary tender coconut at the end of the spa which makes you feel all the more refreshing.

P.S. The showers in the spa are extremely good.

5  Thank prachi g
Reviewed 26 August 2017

I went for a deep massage ''back,neck&shoulders''.On arrival,at the reception ,they informed me the massage method the lady will use her elbows and i said...fine.The bed at the tree top was uncomfortable , the room was very hot and the place were we have to put our face during massage was made of bamboo with limited padding and was hurting my face. The lady started the massage in ''4th gear'', meaning very strong and from the most sensitive part of my body,the neck.I precised i have spondilitys but she continued to use the same heavy pressure with the elbows several times from neck to shoulders...I screamed several times and told her to do itless strong!! she continued same strenght on the shoulder blades on my back
finally after the massage was over , I COULD NOT MOVE MY NECK TO GET UP
the pain was too much. She tried to alleviate the pain by rubbing tiger balm,,
I left the place with a stiff neck with limited movements. THEY should have started slow and ask the client if stronger is needed.I am a senior citizen NOT 20 YRS OLD!! THEY APOLOGISED AND REALISED THEIR MISTAKE .

See more reviews
Reviewed 26 May 2017

I had almost given up hope of finding good and affordable massage.
I stumbled upon this massage centre and first impression was the calm and ambience. Set slightly back from main street in a courtyard setting. The massage rooms are set in a tree house and a wonderful setting with just the sound of birds.
I would rate quality of massage as excellent in a clean and hygeinic setting. A full one hour massage was 3,300 rupees, which considering price quoted in other establishments and quality of massage was excellent value.

7  Thank wanderin_star