“nice place”

Cuisines: Sri Lankan
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 March 2014

nice place to have something to eat very quick,also just behing the beach,price is ok,I was happy with food and price,I recomend to everyone

1  Thank nomad4838
There are newer reviews for Nautilus

Reviewed 4 February 2014

This is a nice beach bar with typical standards and an ok vibe. Its where I liked to go for a cold beer and a chance to cool down. Nothing special but the staff were nice and I'd go back again

1  Thank LondonRouge
Reviewed 4 February 2014

My Husband ordered the Chicken curry with rice that was okay at 650 rps, but my wedges of which there were 10 if I was lucky 4 of them burnt! at 420 rps that is disgusting.

1  Thank Claire C
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Don't waste your time with this place - the service is extremely slow. Ordering food was a task in itself - as each time I chose something, I was told it was not available. It was only on the 4th attempt to pick something that I had success.
The staff also do not seem to have much of a command of basic English (which given this is Unawatuna, is most unusual). A basic request to get a glass of warm water was returned with empty stares and puzzled look by the waiters.
Even asking for the bill and paying took a very long time, which I really do not understand as the place only had 3 or 4 occupied tables.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

We sat down anticipating a really good curry dinner after reading reviews here on tripadvisor but left in utter disappointment. The curries were all extremely tasteless and dry and nowhere near as good as any of the many dinner and lunches we've had here in Sri Lanka.
The potato wedges we ordered for starters where not only (VERY) overpriced but not even properly cooked. They where rock hard in the middle and barely tasted like anything without adding heaps of tomato ketchup to each bite. When I asked the somewhat rude waiter for salt he just said that the food was already salted and left.
When we payed the bill this same waiter who had continued to act improper took for granted that we would leave tip and didn't give us the full change back to even give us the choice to do so.
One of the worst and most disappointing experiences I've had in a restaurant in Asia and definitely in Sri Lanka.