“Love Unawatuna”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Shalini Villa

New Unawatuna Beach
Yoga
Breakfast
Coconuts
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

rwiltshi...
London, United Kingdom
“Love Unawatuna”
Reviewed 5 May 2014 for a stay in March 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Shalini Villa in Unawatuna. This beautiful Villa was my springboard to see wonderful Southern Sri Lanka. The Villa staff looked after me superbly. Much to my delight the cook employed in the Villa was superb, and the house keeper, I can only describe as a happy go lucky local David Attenborough, yip the monkeys come running when he calls and it's bananas all round in back garden by the pool. I have the photos! If you’re mad about yoga and want to experience all varieties of yoga, Unawatuna is the place to be, you can do a class in the morning, like myself and have dip in the ocean followed by an excellent Ayurvediuc massage I recommend the Sanctuary Spa in the centre Unawatuna Village. My only regret is leaving such a wonderful place, but I'll be back!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Excellent Staff, they really looked after me..
Liked least: Hottest time of year...
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Nottingham

Switzerland
Reviewed 6 March 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Jon P
London, United Kingdom
“Returned and will return again....”
Reviewed 7 February 2014 for a stay in January 2014

I have been to stay at this villa twice now. They organised a van to pick me up from the airport and take me down to the villa, very easy now with the two motorways and only took 2.5 hours. The staff are very welcoming when I arrived. There is a housekeeper, chef and also a night porter. The chef made some great meals for me from local produce. The villa is keep very clean and some days I didn't go anywhere, just stayed by the pool and relaxed. The things I like about the villa are the pool, there is both inside and outside space, plus also that each bedroom has it's own bathroom. I will be returning again.

haggis_dx...
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Simply Amazing”
Reviewed 1 February 2014 for a stay in January 2014

This villa is simply magnificent. We fell in love with the property immediately when we walked through the gate. The sprawling patios with comfy chairs and sofa corners ideal for sipping drinks or curling up with a book, the abundant colourful garden including visiting monkeys and the delightful pool as well as the spacious interior of the house just make you melt. the bedrooms are big, the bathrooms huge and the common area is almost big enough to play football in. Almost everything you need is in the house - incl. a great selection of books (I'd forgotten mine so was overjoyed to be able to raid the "library"), videos, games and toys as well as simple things like an iphone charger.

The staff are amazing - so friendly and helpful. Nothing is too much bother and Kamindika is such a lovely warm person who has many great stories and connections for everything - just ask him. Tharanga the cook is magnificent, we thoroughly enjoyed his culinary skills and the Sri Lankan cuisine and I can highly recommend doing a cooking lesson with him.

We really noticed that the whole property is owned by someone who cares and who has put not only a lot of thought into it but also a lot of passion and love. we hope to be back again very very soon.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the garden/pool and the staff
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Frankfurt
Reviewed 16 January 2014 for a stay in January 2014

A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing