“Love it.”
Review of No Name Rest

No Name Rest
Ranked #11 of 146 Unawatuna B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 October 2013

This is a great hotel with clean stylish rooms and brilliant staff. If you dont want the back packer lifestyle and can afford a little more this is a great place. Air conditioning, great bed rooms and a stones throw from the beach.

• Stayed: October 2013
There are newer reviews for No Name Rest

Reviewed 16 April 2013

I originally had a reservation at another hotel in town, but something about it just didn't feel right, so I stumbled up the No Name Rest unexpectedly. And, am I ever glad I did!

The location is fantastic. Right on the main strip and beach but on a slightly quieter end. And, right across from the fantastic Kingfisher Restaurant. The rate was also very good, especially since I was there during a slower period.

First of all, the room assigned to me was absolutely wonderful!! Beautifully decorated and comfortable, and with air con and a fantastic balcony. Honestly, I did not expect such a nice room. It was also extremely clean, and it was lovely, peaceful and relaxing. Especially sitting out on the balcony at night.

The breakfast was also really good. Typically Sri Lankan hotel style: two eggs cooked to order, loads of toast, tea or coffee, and a wonderful plate of fresh fruit.

There is also a lovely employee who works there named Hashan. Such a kind and sweet young man, and very helpful and accommodating. I cannot say enough good things about him.

The only hiccup was that their Wifi did not work while I was there, and there was no major hurry to rectify the problem (internet provider was contacted but did not show up, so I was advised). This normally would have really annoyed me. However, Hashan saved the day by providing me with access to another network.

Overall, very happy with this place and highly recommend it to anyone visiting Unawatuna!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 January 2013

We stumbled across this hotel by chance. They had a room available for $USD 80 for one night which is very expensive in Sri Lanka! The rooms were amazing! Clean, large, the bed was AMAZING and the bathroom was very clean with a good shower. The room is great - If you don't interact with the staff.

We were traveling in a group of 6, 4 of whom were staying at No Name. We decided to make No Name the meeting point. Two friends came to pick us up for dinner and the staff REFUSED to let them in saying "only two people per room". We tried to reason with them and say they are just coming to pick us up and wait till we got ready, but in return I got yelled at by BOTH staff members. I'm not saying this as a princess but I mean seriously got YELLED at, and then they walked off on me calling me bad names!

So all in all.. good rooms - HORRIBLE people.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank hdpandya
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We stumbled across No Name by accident and it's with doubt the best place we stayed. The rooms are bright, spacious and beautifully laid out. There is a balcony you can chill out on and watch the world go by. The staff are delightful and can't do enough for you. Breakfast is included and the Sri Lanka breakfast is great and will set you up for the day. It is a little more than you would normally pay.. $70 but is worth every penny. It's a quiet location yet a minute from the beach and next to some of the better restaurants like One Love and Hot Rocks. I can't recommend this place enough.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good and face the front. I think some don't have ac but all have fans.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jane1204
Reviewed 18 January 2012

The rooms are very nice, big and clean (when you arrive), however the service is NOT good, and that's why I won't recomment it.
We payed 70 usd (which is way too high). No aircon, no cleaning and terrible service. The last day we checked out early in the morning, because we were going on a boattrip, so we had to keep our luggage at the guest house, however the manager told us to take all our valuables with us because turist steals (no one is looking after your room key when you go out either, it is just lying on the front desk, so remember to take it with you)! He also wanted us to pay the day before we were checking out because he needed the money? what is up with that!

The breakfast was okay.

The good thing about this place is the very nice and big rooms and the location.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank cktwins
Reviewed 18 August 2011

after 2 weeks trip through Sri Lanka, we spent last week at the sea.
No name rest was rather new. Great rooms. Cleaning not very good, towels hardly ever replaced.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jan v
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Had a nice stay at the with a basic breakfast of toast and fruit each morning included in the price. Rooms were large and it was very clean and well maintained. Approx 5 min walk to the main beach area. No one else was in the guest house for the 4 nights we stayed so it was very quiet.
However, we agreed with the hotel manager a late check out on the day we were flying home and we were paying for their airport transfer service. However, when making payment upon check out, the hotel manager had no recollection of our agreement for late check out and charged an additional nights stay (approx £20!)! Complete rip off. If you make any arrangements for tours, late check outs etc - get it in writing!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends