“Nice setting but a bit of a dud...”

Cormaran Beach Club
Ranked #52 of 115 Restaurants in Unawatuna
Price range: US$3 - US$15
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Cormaran Beach Club is a beautiful property located right on the famous Unawatuna beach. The restaurant was opened in 2006 and now its running under a new management to provide the guests a better service. We are looking forward to providing the best of our services to anyone who comes in looking for it. Sri Lanka is famous for its hospitality and our Mission is to make the guests have the same opinion about oour restaurant
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Beautiful location and setting but very over-priced and small portions put this firmly in the 'tourist trap' category I'm afraid. Also mixed drinks watery and over-priced. Quite disappointing but the bus loads of German visitors being shuttled through seemed contented so maybe it is more that in the context of so many other great places to eat in Unawatuna this joint falls short. Staff friendly.

1  Thank Jurien2011

Reviewed 14 April 2013

There are two establishments by this name: you need the one on the beach, a few metres from the hotel. We attended a reggae party there and it was brilliant. There was a live band, alcohol and a dance floor made of sand - awesome: waves lapping, torches burning and fireworks exploding.
The guys who run it told me they have a live band there every Saturday night. No entrance fee and reasonably priced drinks. What's not to like?

Reviewed 13 April 2013 via mobile

I ate hear quite often as it opens for breakfast early. Its a lovely setting and the staff are friendly. The offer sausages and bacon along with eggs and toast etc. They also do a nice pot of coffee. I might be slighty biased towards the breakfast as my partner is a veggie and get her bacon and sausages in return for my tomato (what a swap) if I didn't have that arrangement I would mention that the portions are small. But hey its Sri Lanka and its not a bad stab at a fry up. Really friendly waiting staff who are always happy to fill up your coffee cup

Reviewed 11 March 2013

The Pinacoladas we ordered were made with rancid milk/cream, or whatever it is they use. Filthy toilets used as changing rooms by the local families on the beach. Avoid like the plague.

Reviewed 19 February 2013

This years menu was more fish orientated but there was a good choice. Luckily we ate ealy as the place began to fill up by 8pm.