Birdhouse
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsthe ownerunawatuna beachour room was spaciouswater pressurethe sri lankan breakfastair conbalcony
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed at this family owned guesthouse during a weekend. Spacious family room with spacious bathroom. The terrace and the balcony was very relaxing . On many levels, staying at the Birdhouse was fantastic. The rooms are clean, the hotel is decent value, and the location is perfect - 3 minute walk from the beautiful Unawatuna beach. We were woken in the morning with natural calls of birds. Fresh and delicious breakfast ready without delay, and if you want they will put on a traditional tasty dinner for you too. Mr Lalith his family are very friendly and helpful.
A nice place to stay either alone or with your family.

Room Tip: All rooms are clean and spacious and AC and Non AC available.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Spacious room with spacious bathroom. The terrace and the balcony was very relaxing. Even though i didn't had the opportunity to have any meals with them. unfortunately there were some refurbishment going on but it didn't generated any noise. Mr.Lalith was really helpful to guide us with restaurants and etc. Even his service was really appreciated. Please don't hesitate to stay at Birds House Unawatuna,

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stayed in Birdhouse in February 2014 and absolutely enjoyed my stay. The family is really friendly and helpful. They offer different rooms with or withour air condition. All rooms are very spacious. I loved my room. Also all rooms have terraces or balconies and around the house is a nice tropical garden. I enjoyed my breakfast every morning in the garden. It was always freshly made for me whenever time I decided to have breakfast. I loved it that there was no push to have breakfast at a certain time. I was so happy there that I stayed my whole vacation at the same place. AndI will definitely come again.

Room Tip: As the rooms are different from each other, it is best to choose when you are there.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Claudia W
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We stayed at this family owned guesthouse for 4 nights over new year. On many levels, staying at the Birdhouse was fantastic. The rooms are clean, the hotel is decent value, and the location is perfect - 5 minute walk from the beautiful Unawatuna beach. We were woken each morning with a delicious and large fresh breakfast, and if you want the owners will put on a traditional dinner for you too. We did this on New Years eve with some of the other guests and ended up having a brilliant night. Mr Lalith his family are very friendly and helpful. He even drove us to our next destination!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank James W
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Booked a room here (based on the excellent reviews) only to turn up 4 days later to be told they'd given our cheaper room away and they only had a room for double the price. We were gutted, and really surprised given the excellent reviews in trip adviser.....they were completely unapologetic, so maybe it was a miscommunication on our part. But nonetheless, we wouldn't go back.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lucy S
Asanka R, Manager at Birdhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Hello There, extremely sorry for what has happened. It's totally due to miss-communication. At least if we get an email things won't happen that way for sure. Generally we do receive mail requests then things are more transparent. Anyway sorry again and have a good time.
Asanka..