“We reccommend Submarine!”

Submarine Diving School
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We operate a family run Homestay in Unawatuna for over 35 years.
Many of our guests are PADI divers and inquire about local dive pad and we always recommend SUBMARINE. Its run by locals who are familiar with the dive spots, where sunken ships and other places worthwhile to explore.
It is also close to our homestay and easy to find on the beach.

All reviews
in 2 reviews
"tsunami"
"locals"

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

We had Discover scuba dive program with submarine diving school. It was so amazing . Professionals dive masters. Program was about 2hours. They always fallow safety and standard. I believe them.
I recommend every body this diving school.

Reviewed 21 April 2018

Did a dive with them towards the end of the season. The visibility was quite poor and the currents were strong. The dive masters informed this to us before the dive. They provided two dive masters for the 3 divers. The tour was guided very well. The dive briefing was very good. The equipment is worn out but functional.

1  Thank Chanaka M
Reviewed 9 April 2018

If you really end up in Unawatuna you have many diving centers to choose from. I asked around a bit, and finally ended with the Submarine (although it was located at the very end of the beach near the temple) - and didn't regret it at all: they gave me a fair price (without much haggling), the equipment was good, the party small enough (4 customers and 2 guides). The guides were nice and professional, and the other guests had some experience, so we had two very smooth and interesting dives. I did one wreck dive, and one at a big block of corals, both just a few minutes from the beach on the boat. Some bigger fish at the wreck, nudibranchs on the second dive. Since Unawatuna was too busy with tourists for me, this was a fun day to spend before moving on.

See more reviews
Reviewed 19 January 2018

We heard about Submarine from the rave reviews here and decided to try diving here. Talked to Wishni (I hope that's correct) and we signed up for 3 dives. I passed my open water just the weekend before, so I was more than stoked for these dives. True enough, Submarine didn't disappoint. The dive sites were amazing to me. There were alot of macro life on the reefs and the wrecks. The crew was really nice and funny. It was quite funny to see them shivering from the cold wind after the dives. We had an enjoyable time. Will definitely visit them if I am ever in Unawatuna again.