“Super staff Super dives”
Review of Sea Horse Divers

Sea Horse Divers
Ranked #3 of 14 Tours in Unawatuna
Mumbai (Bombay), India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Super staff Super dives”
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

Right from Rohanna to his able and patient boys, the dives are safe and well managed. Though I didn't dive myself I accompanied my husband who rates this dive better than the one he did in Bali. Beautiful flora and aquatic life. All made possible by Rohanna and team. They also provide certification courses in diving. And at a higher level you can visit a real ship wreck.

Thank you guys!

Hyderabad, India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great value and visibility”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Dived at the same time as Jasmine (see below) and agree with her assessment. It's a no-frills setup but they have all you need. Never dived in Sri Lanka before - didn't expect such good visibility and variety of wildlife. Highlights were a Napoleon wrasse and two hawksbills. Worth coming to Unawatuna for.

Stockholm, Sweden
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Wonderful little shop! Warm and welcoming!”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I had a blast! I saw many of the fish that were the very reason I wanted to learn to dive in the first pIace! The shop is located right by the water and I think it is a really cute spot were you jump into the boat from the shop itself. I only dived five times in my life before, so I was a little nervous/excited. The Seahorse people were perfect though and made me feel really safe, went through all the safety procedures beforehand, were very perceptive and caring, and paid a lot of attention and made sure I was ok during the dive.

The master divers knew all the names of the fish and made sure to point them out as we went, and their English is on a really good level by the way, which makes a difference! Oh, AND the dive master gave me his own personal mask when mine wasn't really fitting and the only one left on the boat was a horrible mask *oh please please get rid of this mask, when all the rest of the equipment is so good -why does this scary mask from the pits of hell get to stay?? Does it bring good luck?? The only bad thing about the place was the existence of this particular monster mask, you will know it if you see it when you go there, it is kinda funny....* -The point is that the dive master gave me HIS mask instead which was really generous and he didn't need to do that! I ended up having a great dive and was superhappy! I think he handled my horror in the best of ways.

The equipment and the boats are good, the crew, the dive spots (tried two), the briefing, the knowledge, the price, the welcoming warm attitude -overall great! I cannot wait to go back when I am in town again!

1 Thank jasmineintheworld
Singapore
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Perfect for more experienced divers”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Liked: Rohana, the boss there, runs a good shop. Nice guy, friendly & professional.

Dives leave at 8.45AM & ~11.30, based on divers' level & interests that day. Very flexible & accommodating.

Cost: EUR24/3300 Rupees/dive w/ gear (cheap!)
Credit Cards accepted, which is cool considering there are no ATMs in Una.

I dived 3 times over two days. Was impressed by the organisation of the place - also the commitment to getting divers underwater - rarely does a shop send a 3-staff dive boat out with 1 or 2 divers but these guys will.

NB: Dive briefings with one of the younger DMs were non-existent, maybe due to language differences - so I'd recommend this shop to those with 10+ dives who don't need a lot of hand-holding. A lot of "by-the-book" protocols were skipped over - this happens around the world with an expected clientele of experienced divers, but keep it in mind if you're fresh off your PADI OW and ask the staff to double-check everything with you and go through the protocols that keep your comfortable.

Bonus: Food: The Roti/Rotty shop next door has, surprisingly, some of the best roti in Una. Better than the famous one on main road.

3 Thank tommyk421
Briston, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Top notch”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Stumbled onto this dive shop as it was the first one we saw when arriving at Unawattatuna. Yet we didn't need to look any further. The team is very professional, friendly and flexible to your needs. A special thanks go to the dive masters! The dive sites were great - Tango shipwreck, Gala pita gala. We saw so much interesting aquatic life - lion fish, stingray, lobster, marlu fish, etc.
And to top it off, there's a great restaurant right next door.
Excellent place hope to dive with you again on my return to Sri Lanka.

Visited January 2014