All reviews hummus the owner beach view per night place to stay air con excellent location balcony sri
Reviewed 19 January 2017

My boyfriend and I recently stayed here while visiting Unawatuna and loved it! We were actually staying over the road but moved due to a horrible smell coming into our bathroom, we managed to get a gorgeous room overlooking the sea with air con at Pink Elephant for less than the smelly room we were in before! The staff are super friendly and the food is so good too. We liked it so much that we tried to stay again when we were coming back through but they were fully booked!

Room Tip: Get a room at the front for a stunning sea view.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2017

After having read numerous positive reviews regarding this restaurant, we were expecting far more from our dining experience. Its moody purple interiors and comfortable lounge for sitting at the front of the restaurant do create a very cool place to come and relax. On the weekend, the restaurant appears to be full from 6pm all the way up until 11pm. The mixed fruit juices we ordered took a little while to arrive but were deliciously fresh. We ordered guacamole to start with, followed then by one spicy, creamy prawn curry and one standard prawn curry. The curries were served with poppadoms, rice and mango chutney. The guacamole was lovely, as were the curries, but neither of them anything special. A nice restaurant to visit in Unawatuna, but not a must visit.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2017

I want to start by saying that I never feel compelled to review places on TripAdvisor-- good or bad-- so this is a first and really saying something.

I booked a bed at Pink Elephant 2 weeks before traveling to Unawatuna. However, when I showed up at Pink Elephant, the owner was drunk and told me that he did not have a bed available. He told me that "a fat American chick" had taken my bed instead. Eventually, he went to double-check and did find a bed for me. I went upstairs to put my things down, only to find that the place was trashed. The showers were disgusting, beer bottles and mud littered the floor...

Repulsed by the way I was greeted and the room conditions, I went to find a room at a nearby hotel. When I returned to Pink Elephant to pick up my things, the owner assured me that he would cooperate with agoda.com to refund my money, which had already been charged to my card. After arriving back home, I called agoda to secure the refund. When the agoda representative called Pink Elephant to cross-check my story, the owner LIED to them, insisting that I had stayed there for 3 nights and that he had refunded me already!

There are so many places in Unwatuna (you can even arrive to the beach without a booking and be just fine!) that there is absolutely NO REASON for you to choose Pink Elephant.

My wholehearted, adamant advice: AVOID, AVOID, AVOID this all-around disgusting accommodation!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

I came here maybe 3 times with friends and we had a great experience every time. It gets quite busy sometimes but the owner and staff are really great. Actually we came here on new years day and the owner really went above and beyond to make sure we were happy. The food is good and the staff were happy to chat with us. Very welcoming and friendly and the lounge area out front is really nice for groups.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

I love the food there. I've been there twice and propably going to eat there at least once more before leaving Unawatuna. The vegetable wrap is the best <3 And also this is the first place in Sri Lanka where chicken wasn't dry! (Also tasted the chicken kebab)

Definitely a place to visit if you are in Unawatuna. Restaurant is quite small so it was full by 7:30 pm.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends