“Fantastic stay at Kumara Guest House!”
Review of Kumara Guest House

Kumara Guest House
Ranked #42 of 145 Unawatuna B&B and Inns
Stockholm, Sweden
“Fantastic stay at Kumara Guest House!”
Reviewed 25 December 2013

I stayed with a friend for 3 weeks at Kumara Guest House while doing some studies att the hospital in Galle. We got recommended to stay there by a friend who had been there before. The expectations were met and exceeded. We rented the big apartment, it was very clean and just beautiful. Its a 5 min walk to the beach and the family lives just besides the place. What makes this place absolutely awesome is the superfriendly owner and his family. They really took us in and helped us with anything we wanted. The owner once cooked us dinner, fresh prawns that he bought from the market, along with food we got from their family lunch celebrating some Buddhist holiday. You get the picture, extremely friendly atmosphere! He also runs a tourist shop, so he can set you up with airport shuttles and trips around Sri Lanka. Me and my friend went for a 4 day trip organized by him, it was fantastic! We emailed him before we got to Sri Lanka, and he fixed us a taxi that picked us up from the airport in Colombo in the middle of the night. No hassle. If I ever have a friend that will go here, or if I return myself, this is the place to stay!

Room Tip: They have one big apartment with 2 AC-bedrooms with a bathroom each, and a big kitchen/living room...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Peter S

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I have stayed in Unawatuna for the last 5 years in various hotels and guest houses and can honestly say that the Kumara Guest House offers the best value. I have stayed there twice now and will be booking there for all my future trips. The Guest House is spotlessly clean and the owner and his family are friendly and helpful. Anything you need you only have to ask. The owner even took me to a doctor when I needed it. The family live in a house in front of the Guest House so are on hand whenever you need them - this also adds an element of security, if , like me you are travelling alone. The rooms are cleaned whenever you ask and linen and towels changed regularly -Believe me this is a rarity in Unawatuna. I highly recommend the Kumara.

Room Tip: Rooms on top have a/c tv and fridge but access is via steps. The ground floor rooms have fans only...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo