It is the first time I write "never never again" for hotels I have stayed before, after 6 years travelling.
Let me state the positive side first:
1. rooms are clean& big and the sight is nice.
2. the location is all right and price is fair.
Negative side that I will never recommend it to any of my friends: I really do not like the owner!
1. She welcomed us with a cold "do u have a booking with us?" even no "hi", no "smile", a pretty cool owner!
2. She informed us she did not have any space for our car and our driver immediately after we confirmed our booking. I totally understand it but I cannot accept the reasons she gave to me. She even did not dare to speak it loudly and that's why she could only explain it to me after we checked in, in our room. The reason is that she thought the Sri Lanka local drivers are not safe and they are not clean…… Hi man, you stay in Sri Lanka and all your employees are local Sri Lakans. What are you thinking?! Off course I know you are not Sri Lankan, but what's wrong of being Sri Lankan in Sri Lanka? Btw, I am not Sri Lankan.
3. As we need to find a hotel for our driver, I swing my left hand and said "Hi, do you know whether there is any hotel for our driver?" This cool lady said "Hi, it is not in China, and I am not Chinese". Man, what’s wrong of being Chinese?! I am using almost an international way of saying "Hi" and definitely I was not using the way of calling dogs.
4. After checking in, I checked with her whether there was any nice restaurant nearby as it was dinner time. She told me there was no nice restaurant except we go to Galle. We can have dinner at her hotel….. Hi, I did find several pretty nice dining places in LP, and I just wanna to ask how far away it is from her hotel…
5. She charged us 1000 rupee more when checking out as we put 1 person per room wrongly in Agoda booking. Actually we have two persons. I understand some hotels they charge more for 2 ppl per room. However, you should inform us earlier rather than checking out. What’s more importantly, I checked Agoda after back, and the website charges the same price for 2 ppl per room and 1 ppl per room.
6. Refer to my 3rd point, she said she was joking and you Chinese even does not understand joke. Hi, is it a JOKE?!
Overall, I do not like her cool way of doing business.
I do not like her cold way of commenting on local ppl. From my 1 week experience in Sri Lanka, they are all nice ppls, much better than her.
I do not like her way of commenting on Chinese, and especially the tone of "I have stayed in China for xx years and I know how you are".
I do not like her attitude that" I am the owner of this hotel and I want to charge you extra"!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ROCKSIDE CABANAS HOTEL - directly at the Mihiripenna/Dalawella beach! Jump from your bed straight into the 28° C warm water of the ocean. Relax in a hammock under the coconut palms in the 1.000 m² garden of the ROCKSIDE in Mihiripenna near Unawatuna. And in the evening you'll probably lounge in our garden restaurant or on your veranda, sipping a cool drink and enjoying the spectacular sunset over the sea.If you want to perfectly relax just ask us to take care of you - or stay completely private in your CABANA or your APARTMENT. At our own UNAWATUNA DIVING CENTRE, PADI Resort S-36133, situated directly on the beach, only 2 km away from ROCKSIDE we offer you daily snorkeling trips and fun dives to our different dive spots (reef, rock, wrack). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Rockside Cabanas Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rockside Cabanas Hotel Unawatuna