All reviews deluxe cabana the owner sri lanka super deluxe nice pool tuk tuk jacuzzi bath tucked away air con mini bar large bathroom short walk to the beach the main road no hot water unawatuna beach mosquito net galle fort
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Absolutely loved our stay here at the Flower Garden hotel. The room was big with a beautiful bathroom and stunning bed. The staff are just so accommodating and lovely. All went out of their way to help us when we had a pretty horrible start to our stay in Unawatuna area. Stay here for close to the beach and attentive staff. Amazing experience.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We came very late at night without reservation. As they saw that there is no other option for us they are immediately change the price (add 15$ to Booking price), it makes us angry, so we go away to find something else, unfortunately, we didn't found, so 10 minutes later, price was already +27$. Even for that price room was very nice with the perfect bathroom, inside the building was also very nice decorated and calm place, so we decide to stay few days more, but when we ask to extend the rent, they asked +60$!!!! Of course, we left it...it looks like completely unacceptable behavior, never see something like that before...Maybe, we was unlucky, but be aware.

-Good valuable breakfast.
-Very nice appearance and calm atmosphere.
-Far from the beach.
-Expensive.
-Tea kit in the room.
-Including big cockroaches in the bathroom :)

Room Tip: There are two buildings, so you have to choose between original design in 1st one and pool in 2nd one.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tresker
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Flower Garden Hotel is a very average Hotel. We first had a small room on the first floor, it was creepy and not very clean so we moved to a larger room also on the first floor. It was old, smelt bad but was ok.

Don't expect to sleep late if you stay in the rooms located on top of the restaurant.

Food was average, actually everything was average. Overall I think there are far better places to visit in Sri Lanka than Unawatuna. The beach is really dirty and all the hotels looked the same as Flower Garden.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Steflausanne
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Good value for your money at this place. And even if you're not staying here, stop in for a meal. We spent over 2 weeks in Sri Lanka, including a few nights at expensive hotels, and the restaurant at Flower Garden prepares THE BEST meals we had on the trip. In fact, we also went over to Maldives for a few nights and even the food there paled in comparison to Flower Garden. I just can't rave enough about it. These people actually know how to cook beef properly! The steak they served me was as good as anything I'd get at home. The room was pretty nice, too. We had one on the top floor with a very private balcony area. The only drawback to being on the top floor is that the Wi-fi signal might not reach you. The pool is fantastic. The staff is friendly and helpful. We had a problem with our AC and toilet when we showed up, but they took care of it promptly. And there are 2 large German shepherds that hang out with you anytime you're sitting downstairs. Very friendly dogs. One of them would come up to me while I was sitting and just throw her head onto my lap for a head-scratch. One drawback to staying here is that it's a ten or fifteen minute walk to the beach down a winding road that is lined with shop owners and tuc-tuc drivers, all beckoning to you to surrender your rupees to them. If you are okay with ignoring people, you probably will be fine with the walk. I'm just a very irritable person who hates being pestered.

Room Tip: Top floors are quiet and private, but you might not get a good Wi-Fi signal.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SteveKeddy
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I actually never stayed this place. But I've been there for quick look. So incredible service. I've been there on breakfast time. They serve superb breakfast, tropical fruits, juices, eggs, etc
Nice and clean pool with lots of tourist.
I'm sure I'll be back for stay soon.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business