“Like staying with family, if I was lucky enough to have family living in paradise!”

Unawatuna Nor Lanka Hotel
Ranked #5 of 162 Unawatuna B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 October 2011

I was only supposed to stay here for three or four days but I loved it so much I ended up staying for about 10 nights. I was unwell when I arrived at Norlanka (something I had eaten at a different place) and when Anoma found out she was so sweet she gave me a local tonic to try to help get me better. I couldn't have asked for nicer hosts, Helge and Anoma are both so considerate and so easy going.

Their hotel is so relaxing and so comfortable and quiet - really secluded despite being literally only a 30 second walk to the most amazing beach ever. The food in the hotel was superb - the best dahl I have ever had and the best curries ever. The staff were all incredibly sweet and helpful. We went to Yala with their driver Roshan and he was a real gem - he took us on a bit of a culinary adventure afterwards feeding us proper curd and honey from his favourite supplier as well as plying us with loads of mini watermelon (the tastiest I have ever had). He was fantastic in Yala as well - spotted leopards for us and went way above and beyond the call of duty.

I am already planning my next trip and I would recommend Norlanka without hesitation. Helge and Anoma have created an amazing spot and you would be losing out if you didn't stay there!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank lavajonation

Reviewed 11 October 2011

I have had the oportunity to be a guest at Nor Lanka Hotel a few times. Always warmly received by the staff and treated very well from arrival to departure. The rooms are always clean and roomservice exellent. One of the best kitchens in Sri Lanka! If you do not belive me, go there and check out yourself :-) 11 Oct 2011 TorKa

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank TorKa
Reviewed 4 October 2011

We hava stayed here 6 nights in Nor Lanka. Have met a lot of people and the owner Helge is really kind and helped us out as much as he could. He has arranged for us that we could join a trip with other people and it turned out really great!
Rooms are really clean, good matress!!!! And really delicious food.
It's a place that I'll never forget!

• Stayed: September 2011
3  Thank serlove2travel
Reviewed 3 October 2011

We travelled to Sri Lanka in Feb. We needed a base from which we could tour the Island by motorcycle. Booked the Norlanka, based on Trip Advisor reviews. It was everything that reviewers said it was. Relaxing, clean, friendly and good value for money. Everyone at Norlanka extended a warm welcome and were extremely helpful. The food was consistently of the highest standard and served in the dining room which was the focal point of the guest house. There was enough room for everyone to eat together although you could find space to be on your own if you wanted. The rooms were spacious and well appointed, with mozzie nets over the beds. We didn't see too many of the pesky blighters but the nets were a nice touch. After 5 days wwe set off on our motorbike, had a great time touring in the hills and then returned for another 5 days. We hope to return and take family members with us.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DaveandSue97
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Excellent service, clean rooms and great food!
The place to stay when traveling to Unawatuna. Am recommending to spend a few nights there, as it feels like home and the owners will assist you with any travel planning's you might need!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank aroundtheworld2206
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We stayed here for 4 nights in a very clean and comfortable family suite. Anome and Helge were really helpful in arranging transport and another Guesthouse for us.
The food is excellent and the location very good for the beach.
A lovely stay and really excellent value.
Thank-you
The Lucketts

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Paula664
Reviewed 29 August 2011

This is a really nice place to stay in Unawatuna. The staff and the owners are really nice and welcoming! Nice clean rooms with everything you need; aircon, frigde, veranda, nice beds ++. Great breakfast. Best place we stayed at in Sri Lanka. Would definately go back.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family