As you have probably read from all the other reviews about Nor Lanka, this hotel is really a gem of a place!! It is, in fact, one of the few hotels on Trip Advisor that I have read that consistently has sterling reviews about the rooms, service, food, breakfasts, hospitality, location, cleanliness (it is true they are always cleaning!!!), etc.
We stayed for a week with our two daughters - aged 8 and 10. From a family perspective, what we liked were:
- that is near to the beach but not next to it so it is quiet at night and you don't have to worry about safety,
- that they were flexible on eating times so that it was always possible to get a snack/meal for the kids if necessary,
-that there is a garden that the kids can run around in,
- that there is an exclusive rickshaw (operated by Helge's brother-in-law) that is reasonably priced to run about town,
- that apart from the beach there are other things to keep kids occupied. At the hotel's suggestion, we took the kids to a sea turtle protection hatchery, to a cinnamon farm as well as to the historic part of Galle.
- that there is a good selection of kid's friendly meals on the menu - pancakes, pasta, pizza, porridge, eggs, french toast, sausages, etc.
- that there is another beach nearby (with a great restaurant) that has calmer waters for kids to swim in when Unawatuna gets rough,
- that they have family rooms (with two rooms - the second could sleep 3 young kids easily)
In short, a highly recommended place for families to stay.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Unawatuna Nor Lanka Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.