A great boutique hotel run by a strong management team. Others have commented about the concrete construction, outside bathrooms and lack of tea/coffee facilities in the room so I’ll stick to how we felt during our stay. Justyna and Wojtek made us feel very welcome from the minute we arrived. The staff were ever present without being overwhelming. The kitchen produced excellent food and our dinner on the last night was specially prepared by the chef. In fact the staff is always keen to take orders earlier in the day to allow the chef to properly prepare the food and develop flavors. Take them up on the offer.
This hotel will be at the top of our list when we return to Sri-Lanka. So much nicer and more personal than a 200 room hotel plagued by tour buses irrespective of the brand or name,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spend Time with Sea Turtles and Sparrows who visit this beautiful property Set on an improbable juxtaposition of simplicity and luxury overlooking the turquoise Indian Ocean. The Frangipani Tree is sun, sand, trees, culinary, sensuous and spiritual indulgences among Intimate, Exclusive and Elegant surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Priceline, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Frangipani Tree by Edwards Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Frangipani Tree Hotel Unawatuna
- Frangipani Tree Galle
- Frangipani Tree Hotel Galle