We stayed here at the end of a very enjoyable holiday travelling around Sri Lanka and found it be a lovely place to unwind. Staying 4 nights allowed us to actually unpack and relax. We stayed in one of the Olive Ridley Upper rooms which must rank as one of the largest rooms we've ever stayed in with windows running full length on three walls with wonderful sea views. The bathroom was equally sizeable with again stunning views of the sea. Justyna was very friendly and helpful as were all the staff and we had no complaints whatsoever. The pool was clean and inviting although you are warned about not swimming in the sea due to the under water currents. Tuk tuks were readily available from outside the hotel and relatively cheap to get around in to Galle and other nearby places. The food was more than acceptable for us, but if you wanted to have dinner there, you had to place your order by mid afternoon. I guess that at least means it was fresh produce. Perhaps a more varied menu would be appreciated if you were to stay any longer. In all, a wonderful few days and certainly a place to recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spend Time with Sea Turtles and Sparrows who visit this beautiful property Set on an improbable juxtaposition of simplicity and luxury overlooking the turquoise Indian Ocean. The Frangipani Tree is sun, sand, trees, culinary, sensuous and spiritual indulgences among Intimate, Exclusive and Elegant surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Frangipani Tree by Edwards Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Frangipani Tree Hotel Unawatuna
- Frangipani Tree Galle
- Frangipani Tree Hotel Galle