If you are looking for a slice of paradise, The Frangipani Tree, in Galle is the place to come. After 4 days here we felt truly relaxed and re-energised. The villas are spacious and tastefully decorated ;set in beautiful grounds with a stunning view of the ocean. Each room has a courtyard bathroom in which one can have a bath in the shade of a frangipani tree!
The food was delicious - the chef is a real find. All the food was freshly prepared and he accommodated all the tastes of our family of fussy eaters. The chocolate cake was to die for! There is no need to go and eat anywhere else. The kids were content to swim in the beautiful infinity pool or walk along the beach. If you want to leave your sun lounger, then the fortress town of Galle is 10 mins away by tuk - tuk (three- wheeled taxi) but otherwise we could have easily just stayed put at The Frangipani Tree for 2 weeks and forgotten about the outside world.
The Hull family
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spend Time with Sea Turtles and Sparrows who visit this beautiful property Set on an improbable juxtaposition of simplicity and luxury overlooking the turquoise Indian Ocean. The Frangipani Tree is sun, sand, trees, culinary, sensuous and spiritual indulgences among Intimate, Exclusive and Elegant surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Frangipani Tree by Edwards Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Frangipani Tree Hotel Unawatuna
- Frangipani Tree Galle
- Frangipani Tree Hotel Galle