“Overpriced and poor service but excellent location”

Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Bang Phli
A TripAdvisor Member
“Overpriced and poor service but excellent location”
Reviewed 14 February 2011

Forced to stay at the hotel due to an early morning flight. Very convenient location and the complimentary shuttle was very useful.
However found the food at the restaurant very average and the quality of service was very poor... took ages to come, when we just wanted to finish our meal and go to bed... and finally when it came the order was wrong.
The morning wake-up call did not materialise & check out took ages when everything was pre-paid.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
qualitymgr, Quality Manager at Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport, responded to this review, 17 February 2011
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time for sharing your experience during your stay. It is only through guest feedback that we are able to improve our service.

Your constructive comments have given us the opportunity to work with the property to improve our service; also we are grateful for your comments as we have used your feedback for additional training. We appreciate your positive comments you have given for the location and shuttle van service.

Thank you again and I do hope we will be given the opportunity of having you stay with us in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (636)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2011

This hotel is slick. The attentive staff were all smiles and their level of service high. I had a great room which was stylish and immaculate. The food in the restauarnat was also good and the prices were affordable. On disappointmnet was the walk to the airport is not easy although there is a frequent shuttle bus. just hate shuttle buses!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
qualitymgr, Quality Manager at Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport, responded to this review, 15 February 2011
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your compliment and we are glad to know that you are enjoying with our services and hotel facilities.

I will pass your compliment to our team and we are looking forward to having you stay with us soon.
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 9 February 2011

Drove up to the main entrance with my family in the evening having had battery problems with my daughter's car just before arrival. I unloaded my suitcases and carried them to the reception without any offer of assistance from hotel staff. Unfortunately the car would not start so we pushed it to the far end of the entrance area so that it would be out of the way. While I was asking the concierge for assistance in the form of some jump leads etc. staff outside the hotel continued to demand that my Thai family moved the car. The concierge kindly managed to arrange for the said jump leads and the car was started.

Upon checkin, the receptionist/business centre manager requested my reservation details. As I had booked the room online a few days before, I had no paper copy, only the confirmation email from Opodo. Having explained this to the receptionist/business centre manager, she stressed that this was necessary and provided an email address which she subsequently amended and asked that I forward the email to the duty manager explaining that internet access was available in the room free of charge by using the room number for both login and password to the WiFi network.

After carrying my bags up to my room on the top floor, I tried to connect to the internet as instructed only to find that access was blocked. I called the business centre/reception and the manager enabled the internet. I forwarded the email as requested adding my own request for an acknowledgement of receipt of my email. Shortly thereafter I received an email advising that there was no such email address and that my email had bounced. I walked down to the reception, explained the problem and received a revised address. Having returned to my room and having entered the now correct email address I discovered that the internet had ceased working so I phoned up the business centre/reception and explained. I was advised that my free 30 minutes had expired and that I would have to purchase additional access time (at an exorbitant rate). I explained that I had no desire to use the internet other than to send the requested email to which they said they would call me back. 10 minutes later they called me back to grant me another free 30 minutes and I managed to forward the email to them, having enabled both a delivery and read receipt to the outgoing message.

The delivery receipt came back within 5 minutes while the read receipt took another 24 hours and I never received the requested acknowledgement from the duty manager after all that unnecessary fuss.

Yes I had a good night's sleep, but I also suffered from the dreaded "shower fixture handle" as mentioned in other reviews and the wash basin was blocked. I had a 06:30 checkin to make so I didn't bother to report it as I thought I would be just wasting my time.

Once an alternative hotel is built on the adjacent lot, watch your occupancy rate tumble.

mentually we received some assistance and to dge of of the

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay.

We are sorry to read that your experience in our property was not at the level of your expectations, particularly during your check in process. We would like to apologize for the inconveniences caused. Please be assured that the result of your survey will be shared with our team in order to review our operations and training approach to rectify our services level accordingly.

We very much hope we will be given the opportunity of having you and your family stays with us in the future, where we will be able to restore your faith and greatly improve our performance.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bang Phli
Paragon Inn
Paragon Inn
#310 of 858 in Bangkok
Mariya Boutique Residence at Suvarnabhumi Airport

Been to Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport? Share your experiences!