“Top dive center”

Dive Academy Ballena Blanca
Ranked #2 of 4 things to do in Tambor
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a PADI Resort, fully equipped with brand new Mares equipment. We offer dives, discovery scuba diving and a lot of specialized diving courses all around the Peninsula of Nicoya, including the stunning ambiance of Isla Tortuga and two wrecks from the Coast Guard. Our 2 dive boats are spacious Apex 26' with room for 12 people on each and easy access. Both are equipped with radio, gps, fish finder and full set of safety equipment.We offer more than Diving, Fishing and adventure tours around the Nicoya Peninsula. We have experienced and qualified local guides who will make sure you have a day to remember.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Top dive center”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Diving with these folks is not only fun its perfectly safe, equipment is all high end and very well maintained, boat and car transport is excellent, good food and soft drinks including self made lemonade, however coffee, sparkling water and some salty snacks would be great.
The couple is very friendly and on does all the wash and drying of the your gear.
Highly knowledgeable on diving technology.
Great place!

Visited January 2014

GT
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Brilliant dives, great people. Good fishing too!”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I went out with Steve on 4 dives. He looked after us very well, as did Michael, the boat captain. Steve was very professional and knowledgeable of the local fish species. I felt extremely safe, and looked after, during all the dives, his dive equipment is very highly maintained.
My boyfriend and I had a great time fishing with Steve also....again Steve has a lot of knowledge of what lures to use to catch the local fish. I highly recommend this dive company. Its the best in Costa Rica.

Visited December 2013
Northern California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A wonderful way to spend the day for everyone in our group”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

On 12/30/13 my husband, two kids, brother-in-law and myself spent a fabulous day with Steve, his two employees and two other tourists from Britain. Three in our party were doing scuba, while the rest of us were planning on snorkeling. We set off with the boat and first snorkeled in a rocky area not far from Tortuga Island. We enjoyed seeing many fish and an eel. Then we went to Tortuga Island for swimming and some lunch. We were very grateful for the homemade vegetarian lunch Steve's wife prepared for three in our group. Tortuga Island was a busy location with many boats bringing their groups to enjoy lunch on the island. We enjoyed seeing the parrots, a friendly boa constrictor and many peacocks and local chickens. After lunch we got back in the boat and made one more snorkeling stop before heading back. The boat ride back was

We never felt rushed or "on the clock" while we were with Steve and his crew. It felt like we had plenty of time to enjoy the views, explore underwater and relax awhile on the island. My kids are nine and eleven years old and they loved this experience. I highly recommend the Ballena Blanca experience.

Visited December 2013
Midwesterner
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Fun!”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Snorkeling excursion was excellent! Fun, educational, relaxing. Milton was a wonderful guide - full of interesting history & information. Beautiful sites to see along the way. Plenty offish to see during the snorkeling part of the trip. Lunch on the beach was delicious. Awesome day with these guys!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank politicallyincorrect
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great experience getting PADI Certified!”
Reviewed 20 February 2013

My sister and I had a great time getting our PADI Open Water Diver licenses with Dive Academy Ballena Blanca in December 2012. My sister was a nervous diver and Steve (the owner) and Carlos did a wonderful job putting her at ease. Everyone was professional and helpful, which made the experience a lot of fun. I'm very glad that I completed my certification with this company.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Mal0421
Steve B, Owner at Dive Academy Ballena Blanca, responded to this review, 23 February 2013
Thanks for the review, it was our pleasure to teach you both and well done again on becoming certified divers... See you next time..