“I plan to go back!”
Review of Hotel Costa Coral

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tambor
Hotel Costa Coral
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Tambor
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“I plan to go back!”
Reviewed 18 June 2012

When we stayed at Costa Coral the overall experience was warm and friendly,everyone was helpfull,the rooms were nice and the restaurant was great.Mostly I enjoyed the family atmosphere which is not presant at most places I've stayed at in the past.The Tambor region is fantastic,having that feel of not being over developed, keeping the real Costa Rica feeling alive and well.Oh and the cost wes very reasonable as well!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Paul B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 15 June 2012

We came here on our honeymoon and had a great time! We loved this place. It is a boutique style resort with only a few rooms, but still has everything you could want. The pool area is great and the food at the restaurant was perfect every night. Tambor is a great place to stay because it places you directly between many of the activities and attractions while being very quite. The massages were to die for and Carlos in the restaurant took care of use the whole time with great service and drinks.

When we go back to this area there is not another place we would stay because it is quite, calm, and still provides the luxuries of a full resort.

Room Tip: Any of the upstairs rooms are great!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank wtb1086
Gulf Shores, Alabama
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We visited the Hotel Costa Coral in May 2012 and enjoyed every minute. We were introduced through a Groupon deal with Exotic Escapes and while we had a mix up with Exotic Escapes, the experience we had at Costa Coral more than made up for it. The exceptional, friendly and professional staff complemented the beautiful hotel perfectly. We felt like we were part of the family as soon as we arrived. The restaurant was great and the food was even better. The rooms were boasted beautiful views of the pool and the exceptionally maintained hotel grounds. We met some great people, had a blast touring the surrounding Tambor region, and can't wait to get back to this special part of the world.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Joe E
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 4 June 2012

This hotel has excellent service and the food is amazing! a must stay experience :)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank WorldTraveler123_12
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 31 May 2012

We have travelled to the lush beautiful country of Costa Rica several times over the last five years and always stay at the Costa Coral when in Tambor. Our experience there has been delightful.

The rooms are nice and clean and spacious. They include a sitting area with a fridge, and comfortable AC in the bedroom. A sliding door opens onto a small patio with table and chairs overlooking the lovely pool area. The lush landscaping surrounds the area and in the mornings and evenings you can hear the howler monkeys in the nearby rainforest.

We have fun with the restaurant staff trying to teach us a little Spanish while providing us with great friendly service. The food quality has been excellent at a modest price and the Huevos Rancheros has been a breakfast favorite. Sitting in the open airy restaurant sipping on a cocktail, catching up emails with the WIFI has been a relaxing way to end the day.

The hotel has been renovated and a spa added since we first started going, and we are always curious as to the new and exciting changes we will find on our next visit.

Staff has been very helpful with facilitating local tours. A tour to Tortuga Island is a must.

We will continue to use Costa Coral as our home base when touring Costa Coral and would recommend this quaint boutique hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: #1 is our favorite at the far end of the pool.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Marv2012
Aurora, Canada
Reviewed 30 May 2012

My wife and I took a two week vacation to tour Costa Rica. Tambor and the Costa Coral was one of our stops . What started out as only a 2 night stay turned into a full week! Being a boutique hotel it wasn't overcrowded like a typical resort hotel might be. Because of this you feel like you are a part of the Costa Coral family. You get to know everyone and the service you receive is impeccable! Everyone from the front desk to the cleaning staff to the folks in the restaurant are extremely friendly and personable. Our room (and the rest of the common areas) were well maintained and clean. All rooms are by the pool area and you get your own patio/balcony area. TIP: although it's not publicized you can arrange with the restaurant to have them bring your meal to your patio/balcony. One night my wife and I decided to have a quiet dinner on the balcony and enjoy the scenery. It was a terrific experience! Speaking of food...I still have dreams of the AMAZING meals I had at Costa Coral. The food is fantastic! I've had ceviche back home and it will never compare to the way they make it at Costa Coral. Their casado con pollo is the best I've tasted (and because I love the meal I try it everywhere I go in Costa Rica - Costa Coral does it just right). And make sure you try the banana bread at breakfast!! Trust me...!! I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone that is staying in Playa Tambor. If you are looking for a place to relax, unwind and find some peace from this hectic world, the Costa Coral is your answer! I will definitely be back for my next trip to Costa Rica.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joe C
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Wow! I received amazing warm hospitality from the friendly staff at the Costa Coral.

I travelled solo and my wonderful experiences while visiting the tropical town of Tambor were enhanced by the daily warm greetings, assistance and conversations with the staff at the charming and cozy hotel.

Every meal included an assortment of fresh foods served by efficient and caring individuals.

I felt extremely cared for and my week was truly amazing being surrounded with both pristine beauty and wonderful people!

Thank you all at the Costa Coral!

Room Tip: I had an awesome room in front of the pool! Beautiful view!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tambor
Tango Mar Beachfront Boutique Hotel & Villas
Tambor Tropical Beach Resort
Vista Hermosa Boutique Bed & Breakfast
Vista Las Islas Hotel & Spa
El Sano Banano Village Hotel
Barcelo Tambor
Barcelo Tambor
#2 of 6 in Tambor

Been to Hotel Costa Coral? Share your experiences!