We arrived at Tango Mar, (which was our 2nd stop in the area, 1rst being Montezuma) and were delighted to see the attractive open reception area and restaurant / bar area. Jessie at the front desk was really kind to us ( we needed some TLC after our bug-infested experience at the first place we stayed) and got us situated in our rooms in the Royal Villa. Loved the beach front room, it was surprisingly spacious, spotlessly clean, and had a modern bathroom with a big shower. My room had the full amenities of AC, ceiling fans, a safe, TV ( mostly Spanish, but it did have 3 English channels) Upstairs there was a full terrace with chaises and market umbrellas and a little private pool to cool down. I couldn't have been happier with the accommodations.... ( one minor suggestion is that the bed in 1602 needs to be replaced)
We'd already done some of the tours at the first place, so for the 4 days we were here, we vegged out and explored the grounds... Make sure to walk to the lookout, it's amazing! I had the BEST lymphatic massage by Lucinda that I've ever had in my life!!! Other staff there were kind, friendly and accommodating, especially Royland and Dory. These folks are super nice!
It's hard to swim at the beach there, seemed to be lots of logs being tossed around by a powerful surf, but the beach is lovely anyway, and good for walking. There are plenty of interesting tours to book at the front desk; they offer a great variety. Definitely go to the Curu Wildlife Refuge while you're there if you want to get up close with the monkeys!
I was very happy and satisfied with my stay at Tango Mar and would definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The well-hidden secret of Tango Mar is located on the beautiful, deserted Quizales beach at the Nicoya Peninsula on Costa Rica's Pacific Coast. It is a 150-acre (60Ha) exclusive private beachfront reserve with ample of added attractions. The blend of fine accommodations with exuberant jungle vegetation, exotic birds and wildlife makes Tango Mar the ideal hideaway for anyone who wants to enjoy refinement in a natural setting. With only 45 rooms, the philosophy of Tango Mar is to provide a personal, friendly, relaxed and attentive service Tango Mar has a 9-hole Executive Golf Course (par 3 and par 4), two lightened tennis courts, a soccer field, four swimming pools, stables with horses, 2 restaurants and bars, meeting room, Spa, an organic garden and natural trails. It offers different types of lodgings; Beahfront rooms that mainly cater to families, Tropical Suites and Deluxe Beachfront Rooms for couples and Tiki suites for the most demanding. All rooms have been recently renovated, have a private bath and are equipped with a/c, phone, satellite TV, a safety deposit box, WIFI, minibar upon request and a coffee maker with complementary coffee. We also have private beachfront Villas for families or small groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Tango Mar Beachfront Boutique Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa And Golf Resort
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Hotel Tambor
- Tango Mar Beach Hotel
- Tango Mar Beach Tambor