In choosing a place to stay in Costa Rica, it's important to keep in mind what the other alternatives are. Hotels and B&Bs in Costa Rica are not like those found in the United States.
My dad and I were traveling together, and our main needs were two beds and a private bathroom. We thought a B&B would be a good choice.
It took us a long time to find the B&B once we reached Santa Elena. It's on the dirt road behind the grocery store. There is parking available. The staff here was very nice and helpful, and they spoke English well, which we didn't find in other parts of the country. The woman who makes breakfast was efficient and able to accommodate to our needs.
Our room had one double bed and a set of bunk beds. We were given sheets, blankets and towels, which was very much appreciated. The bathroom was clean, though we didn't get hot water from the shower. There was no air circulation in the room, so it was a bit stuffy as well. And the key to our room didn't work; it took us several minutes to lock and unlock the room. The free wifi worked one of the three nights we were there.
This was a decent hotel for the price (my dad called it "passable"), but it's not a B&B by American standards. I would say it's more of an upscale hostel, which is fine. I would return, but anyone who books should be aware that it's not your typical B&B.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Camino Verde B&B is a "Bed and Breakfast" style lodging opened in 2009 and located on the edge of Santa Elena. The B&B is laid out in the style of a family house and guests are encouraged to treat it as their home. The building was in fact once the owner's family home which gave inspiration to this 'Tica House' designed hotel.The B&B is situated a 5 minute walk from the town centre of Santa Elena, but is far enough away for it to be quiet and have more rural surroundings. This is the perfect option for those who crave the quiet side of the countryside but who require the amenities provided in a town. FACILITIES: Camino Verde B&B comprises private rooms which sleep 2 to 4 guests. Four of the rooms have shared bathroom facilities and the rest are en suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Camino Verde Bed & Breakfast Monteverde reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camino Verde Bed And Breakfast Monteverde
- Camino Verde Bed & Breakfast Monteverde Hotel Santa Elena
- Camino Verde Bed & Breakfast Monteverde Costa Rica - Santa Elena