This was a great place to stay in Santa Elena. The rooms are clean and simple. Hot water was achievable with minimal effort, which is a bonus. We booked a private room for our group of four people that we found very comfortable and affordable. Free internet service is available and laundry service is available for $9/load. Also the hostel is a short walk from town and is next door to two excellent sodas.
The hostel is family-owned by Andres and Jose who speak excellent English and couldn't be nicer. Their aunt comes in every morning to cook a tremendously delicious breakfast. We were leaving one morning early, so the aunt came in especially early to cook for us. Amazing service - who does that!? Andres and Jose were extremely helpful in booking us tours around Monteverde. They know all the tours, guides, and prices and made very helpful recommendations to us. We really appreciated it and would recommend to anyone that they book a room here.
When not in your room, you can hang out on the back porch on some rocking chairs to look across the mountains. There also is a very nice and modern main kitchen area, where you can help yourself to free coffee and rock out to the VH1 Classics channel that Jose seems to prefer. We loved it. Why don't they have music videos in America any more?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Camino Verde B&B is a "Bed and Breakfast" style lodging opened in 2009 and located on the edge of Santa Elena. The B&B is laid out in the style of a family house and guests are encouraged to treat it as their home. The building was in fact once the owner's family home which gave inspiration to this 'Tica House' designed hotel.The B&B is situated a 5 minute walk from the town centre of Santa Elena, but is far enough away for it to be quiet and have more rural surroundings. This is the perfect option for those who crave the quiet side of the countryside but who require the amenities provided in a town. FACILITIES: Camino Verde B&B comprises private rooms which sleep 2 to 4 guests. Four of the rooms have shared bathroom facilities and the rest are en suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Camino Verde Bed & Breakfast Monteverde reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camino Verde Bed And Breakfast Monteverde
- Camino Verde Bed & Breakfast Monteverde Hotel Santa Elena
- Camino Verde Bed & Breakfast Monteverde Costa Rica - Santa Elena