Camino Verde Bed & Breakfast Monteverde
Travelocity
US$102
US$99
  • Breakfast included
Hotel El Sueno(Santa Elena)
US$29
US$68
US$267
US$259
Hotels.com
US$51
1,091 results
All reviewsb bpancakescosta ricathe kitchendifferent optionsbreakfast optionsgreat breakfastgreat place to stayfruitcoffee and teaother travelerscloud forestthe ownerzip liningpura vidapollofive minute walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 July 2013

My husband and I had just completed a nature tour and it was getting late. There was no way we were going to make it from Monteverde to Arenal that late in the day as we had originally planned. Fortunately, our nature guide recommended this is great little B&B located near the center of town. The rooms were clean and there was even WI-fi and cable. The observation area provides beautiful views from this mountain rustic retreat. The breakfast was more than sufficient and the staff was very helpful and knowledgeable.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Dionne N
Reviewed 10 July 2013

My boyfriend and I traveled through Costa Rica for 3 weeks in June and our stay in Monteverde, at the Camino Verde Bed&Breakfast, was one of the highlights of our trip. First of all, the place is gorgeous. It's located right above the clouds and it makes for an amazing sunrise and sunset. Secondly, the place is very clean, well situated (5 min walk to the centre of town), the all around vibe is fun and the staff is incredible! Jose helped us book our excursions, gave us great advices on where to go and what to do. Every night we chilled with the other guests and staff and just enjoyed ourselves while having a beer in the lobby bar. It was perfect! Also, there's an adorable little Soda (local restaurant) called Soda La Amistad, right besides the entrace of the B&B and it's mmmm mmmm good and quite cheap! A must try!

All in all, I TOTALLY recommend this place, without any hesitation!

If I ever come back to Costa Rica, i'll stop there again for sure!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2013

This was one of our favorite hostel experiences in Costa Rica. The owner and staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. We really felt like guests in someone's home. They were very helpful in arranging all of our sight seeing. The room we had was private, cutely decorated, and was perfect after the long drive though the "road" to Monte Verde. The hotel/hostel was on a side road away from everything with quaint local cafe's, bars, and restaurants in walking distance. The view over the valley was very beautiful. Breakfast was nice also! Definitely would recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2013

My husband and I have been travelling in Costa Rica for 9 months with our small daughter. We spent 3 days in Monteverde at Camino Verde and we could have stayed much longer. We weren't sure what to expect because the price is so low, but it was a great place to stay. The room we had was simple and clean, the breakfast was amazing every day, and the staff were amazing. They really make the place special. They were super helpful and very kind. We would definitely stay here again, and would recommend it to everyone visiting Monteverde.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I booked Camino Verde kind of on the run; last minute. So I was sort of expecting your run of the mill hostel, just a little more pricey because of the location. Not so. I was immediately greeted by the friendly Andres; one of the sons of this family-owned and operated business. He is bilingual and completely connected with the interrelationships of the town and the companies offering all the tours. He is your personal travel agent and it is such a relief if you're used to handling that all yourself. He and his mother virtually run the entire operation. She makes breakfast every morning, offering the biggest variety of continental breakfast I've seen, made to order; typical, American, and otherwise.

After staying in normal old hostels, it was awesome to walk in the room and feel more like I was in a hotel. Nice bed/bath, hot water, very clean, t.v., wifi. As a traveler, I'll just say it felt like a hotel and not a hostel. I had a private room/bath, can't speak for the others. In fact, I stayed an extra night before heading off to my next location. I wish I had stayed longer, in retrospect. It is a great location, has a fantastic view, and other like-minded travelers. Only thing to be aware of is that the common area closes at nine. So just make sure you have what you need/want out of the kitchen before they lock up. And laundry is pricey ($9), so do it before you get there. Otherwise, you really couldn't ask for more for your money.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo