“Best place to stay in monteverde”

Camino Verde Bed & Breakfast Monteverde
Ranked #1 of 14 Santa Elena B&B and Inns
Orlando, Florida
“Best place to stay in monteverde”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

This place has an amazing manager who sets you up with amazing tours and answers all of your questions. The place is unique and homey for only 35 dollars a night including breakfast. It was wonderful!

• Stayed November 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
San José, San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Camino Verde was, by far, the best place I stayed in Costa rica (and I stayed in many places). The hosts were extremely helpful with tours, recommendations for food, and everything else. The quality for the price was probably the most unbelievable part. Breakfast was great every morning and they were willing to accommodate my dietary needs.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

The staff was amazing and very helpful. I went alone but the staff made every effort to make my experience enjoyable. They helped me book amazing adventures that catered to my budget. The owner Andres greeted me with a smile as soon as I walked into the resort. The breakfast in the morning was also amazing! I would recommend this hostel to everyone (and I have).

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

It was such a pleasure to stay here. Andreas, the owner and one of the managers, greeted us with a delicious cup of coffee. (Free coffee and water). He was so friendly, professional, and helpful. He even changed one of our rooms, due to a personal choice.

The breakfast (comes with the price of the room) was excellent. I had the best gallo pinto in all of my breakfasts in Costa Rica! . My cousin had fresh fruit and coffee. The pancakes looked awesome.

Andres and Jose (the other manager who was also very nice and helpful) assisted us with booking a tour at Curi-Cancha Wildlife Park and Monteverde. Andreas set us up with a nice little hotel in Playa Hermosa, our next stop. He suggested it and let us use his phone to make the call. Great customer service from Andreas and Jose!

Our rooms, very nice and clean, were in the back of the hotel, adjoining a balcony with super comfortable rocking chairs. We enjoyed sitting there, listening to the daily late afternoon-early evening rain!

The hotel is on the edge of Santa Elena, but a couple of sodas (small restaurants)and a mini market are nearby. It is a short, but hilly walk to the town center. We occasionally heard a bit of traffic noise from the street below the hotel (the main road into Santa Elena and Monteverde),

All in all Camino Verde is an excellent choice if you're looking for comfort and value and not luxury.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

My brother, sister and I traveled to Monteverde in August for a few days and had a great stay at Camino Verde B&B. Jose is super helpful and booked all of our adventures for us so that we could be picked up straight from the hotel (night hike, canopy tour, canyoning, bungee jumping). You can also pay for everything through the hotel which was very convenient. The hot breakfast was made to order and delicious each morning. The room was comfortable and had plenty of room for the three of us. What took this review from 4 to 5 stars was definitely the extra attention given to us by Jose. For a small fee, he was able to have our clothing and shoes washed after our muddy canyoning adventure so that we could have dry shoes for the rest of our trip! He also gave us great suggestions for restaurants and adventure companies in the area and helped us to figure out the confusing bus schedule to travel from Monteverde to our next destination. I would highly recommend Camino Verde B&B for your visit to Monteverde, Costa Rica!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Claremont, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

First, we did not make it there due to travel issues and flight problems. We had to change plans. We called from Florida to cancel reservation and were told all was good but when I double checked once in San Jose via phone, I was asked to send an email to the manager. The manager replied the next day saying it was cancelled but would not receive a refund. It is frustrating as they have the 3 day policy which we met when we called from the US but did not meet when I called again from San Jose. The response I received from email was basically my word against theirs. I would expect better service and I would consider this next to stealing. Oh well, the way travel is sometimes. I gave them another star just for the amount of info they sent on the area and how to get there which was nice.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jacky2424
Helengeli
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

We have been here in 2013 and had a good time. The people are helpful! The room was in good condition and you can use the kitchen to make your own meals. Also coffee and tea was for free. We can recommend this place!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Hotel El Bosque
#8 of 21 in Monteverde
Monteverde Cloud Forest Lodge
Hotel Cipreses Monteverde Costa Rica

Been to Camino Verde Bed & Breakfast Monteverde? Share your experiences!