I stayed here for 4 nights. We had booked a two bedroom with shared bathroom for the entirety of the stay, however for the first two nights we were given a free upgrade to a room with an ensuite bathroom. The first room was in the Hotel El Altardecer section and the second was in the Camino Verde section.
The first room was much nicer. It was spacious, as was the bathroom. It was cleaned quite thoroughly, had a little patio with rocking chairs, and the window overlooked a flower lined walkway. The only downsides were that the room was dimly lit and had very thin walls and ceiling so unfortunately we could hear people waking around above us late into the night and early in the morning. However, I would recommend staying in this section if you request a second floor room.
The second room was quite small. It had next to no room other than narrow walkways and as one of the beds wad a bunk bed it felt quite crowded. No windows opened and there was a strange smell in the room so it was difficult to air out. The walls were much thicker and there is only one floor though so my sleep itself was uninterrupted. Unfortunately there appeared to be a total of one restroom and one shower for the building. While there weren't a lot of rooms, this was worrisome when I was in a hurry, although I only had to wait once.
The breakfast was very good. The food was the same in both sides however the breakfast room at Camino Verde was much nicer, with smaller tables as opposed to banquet style, and the morning sun coming through nicely. The hours for breakfast are a bit early as they end at 8:30. However getting food cooked to order is great, and free coffee and tea all day was very nice.
I would say stay here, definitely. The staff is wonderful! They booked cheap activities for us any time we wanted and had great recommendations not to mention were nice as well as funny. The staff is the best part by far!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Camino Verde B&B is a "Bed and Breakfast" style lodging opened in 2009 and located on the edge of Santa Elena. The B&B is laid out in the style of a family house and guests are encouraged to treat it as their home. The building was in fact once the owner's family home which gave inspiration to this 'Tica House' designed hotel.The B&B is situated a 5 minute walk from the town centre of Santa Elena, but is far enough away for it to be quiet and have more rural surroundings. This is the perfect option for those who crave the quiet side of the countryside but who require the amenities provided in a town. FACILITIES: Camino Verde B&B comprises private rooms which sleep 2 to 4 guests. Four of the rooms have shared bathroom facilities and the rest are en suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HostelWorld, Ebookers, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Camino Verde Bed & Breakfast Monteverde reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camino Verde Bed And Breakfast Monteverde
- Camino Verde Bed & Breakfast Monteverde Hotel Santa Elena
- Camino Verde Bed & Breakfast Monteverde Costa Rica - Santa Elena