“Awesome Bed & Breakfast!”

Camino Verde Bed & Breakfast Monteverde
Ranked #1 of 14 Santa Elena B&B and Inns
Mulino, Oregon
“Awesome Bed & Breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

Very warm and cozy feel to this Bed & Breakfast. My husband and I stayed 3 nights. Andres's the manager helped us so much with our travel plans and had a great attitude! Our room was on the second floor it was basic but very clean. Breakfast was good. We had no complaints. I would recommend this place to anyone! If you are confused on where to go next on your trip talk to Andres's he was so helpful!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Vilcabamba, Ecuador
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

I enjoyed my stay at Camino Verde very much. The bed and breakfast is owned and managed by a lovely Costa Rican family – all 5 of whom I was fortunate to meet - that not only makes you feel right at home, they go out of their way to attend to your every need. They arranged my transfers in advance and set up tours for me while I was there. I had a guide at one of the reserves who was not very professional and Andres, the eldest son who manages the business, made sure I got exceptional guides for my next tours of the chocolate tour and the night walk.
The breakfast food and choices are excellent and there is coffee and tea all day, something I missed at other places. You also have use of the kitchen facilities, like a hostel, but it does not have the feel of a hostel, more of a bed and breakfast. The gals who cook and serve the breakfast are friendly and attentive also. They came in early one morning and packed me a breakfast – including coffee – to take with me to one of my tours. Beer and wine is available by the bottle and the glass and is most reasonable.This is an exceptional value for the money. I discovered more than a good place to stay. I acquired a better understanding of the Costa Rican people and the meaning of pura vida - two of many things that make this country and its people so special.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

We booked a room at Camino Verde after seeing the good reviews, but upon our arrival, we were walked to an entirely different hostel with a different name across the street, with no explanation or apology. It's like this is just their normal practice. We rolled with it, but this practice makes reading reviews kind of pointless, as we didn't even get to stay at the place we had viewed and read about online ahead of time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank CarrieandJake
Berlaar, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

First hostel we stayed at during our Costa Rican-trip, and Camino Verde ruined it completely for every hostel that came afterwards: best hostel we've visited!
Perfectly suitable rooms (cleaned up every day!), jummy breakfast with lots of choice, always someone around to help you with questions, friendly staff, instant tips at arrival about activities to take and once you've made your choice the booking is done for you and you are being picked up by shuttle in front of the hostel! And last but not least: free coffee all day ;-)
If you're looking for a hostel to stay, don't hesitate, CV is the place to stay!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

From making recommendations for activities, making reservations at short notice, to great breakfasts. Camino Verde was an excellent place to spend a couple of nights while visiting Monte Verde. We packed a lot in to that day and a half, thanks to Andres. Another experience to love about visiting Costa Rica. Price was great.

Room Tip: Private rooms with baths are nice.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
LA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

I booked at Camino Verde for one night while travelling with my husband. The price was an astonishing $40 for a “B&B” so I ecstatic. Upon arrival, though comfortable, I found Camino Verde to be more of an upscale hostel than a B&B. I’ve stayed at a number of hostels in South America and the communal kitchen, common area, and extra bed in our room reminded me of those experiences. That being said, we enjoyed our stay, likely because we’re pretty low maintenance.

The room was spacious enough and we used the extra bed as storage for our belongings. The bed we slept in seemed small; perhaps a double rather than a queen. The lighting in the room was dim and the bed was of only average comfort. We enjoyed having a fan in the room to keep us cool as well as decent curtains to keep it relatively dark. The bathroom area is odd. The shower is huge but the toilet and sink area are tiny, not to mention there’s no hot water at the sink. We dealt with it fine for one night and as we traveled on in Costa Rica I realized most mid-range hotels don’t have hot water at the sink.

The location of Camino Verde is great! It’s walking distance to the city center which gave us many options for dining. It also has a beautiful view of the Santa Elena Cloud Forest mountains. From Camino Verde to Santa Elena Cloud Forest is a 30 minute drive or so over a bumpy dirt road. The property is not expansive but it has a quaint little courtyard to sit in as well as a common area/dining room with a tv you can hang out in. Wi-Fi was available more or less throughout the property so it was convenient to be able to stay “connected” during our stay.

The breakfast at Camino Verde was lovely. We had about four options for breakfast, from fruit to gallos pintos to American pancakes. The food was tasty and filling, though we noticed after we finished breakfast and left the dining area that our dirty plates remained on the table for at least 20 minutes. If I were a guest who was just arriving in the breakfast area, this would strike me as messy and unappetizing.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Monteverde was a magical place to visit and Camino Verde was an excellent place to stay. The staff were very friendly, the rooms were great quality and we felt very at home. I would recommend Camino Verde to anyone visiting Monteverde. The breakfasts were great, the B&B set up all of our activities and recommended guides for wildlife tours who were excellent.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel El Bosque
#8 of 21 in Monteverde
Monteverde Cloud Forest Lodge
Hotel Cipreses Monteverde Costa Rica

Been to Camino Verde Bed & Breakfast Monteverde? Share your experiences!