“Awesome”

Mar Inn Bed & Breakfast
Traverse City, Michigan
“Awesome”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

We had a awesome stay here in beituful downtown Monteverde it was lots of fun. Anthony was really nice and there was great food. We had a good room and there was nothing really to complain about except a couple of times we got bad advice for food a couple times.

Stayed April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We stayed at Mar Inn's apartment which is separate from their B&B location. This property was located 4 - 5 minutes drive from the B&B. The apartment has 3 small bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and a comfortably equipped kitchen and living area. there is a pleasant deck on the back with views of the forests. The property was very clean. They also had a washer dryer in a shed outside the apartment which was very helpful. We stayed there for 2 nights and wished we had stayed longer because we loved Monteverde and Santa Elena Cloud Forests! Felix, the owner is extremely nice and helpful and has two dogs at this property who sort of guard and escort you out in the wilderness. Our daughter, who is scared of dogs fell in love with the chihuahua and the german shepherd - they were such darlings. Also, many reviews complained about thin walls in many Monteverde accommodations - not much can be done about that because Monteverde can be extremely windy in the nights and that is just the nature of the adventure you are about to undertake. My one recommendation for the apartment would be to furnish the living space with a little more pretty and comfortable pieces that can enhance the space.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Bonn, Germany
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights, good hotel, small rooms, good breakfast, kind and helpful staff, you have to know it kind of storms at night and you hear that quiet loud through the building, guess only a problem for light sleepers :) the town is in 2 min walking distance, most important: if you rent a car to get there get a 4 wheel drive!! Bumpy stony road all the way from an to tilaran and Los jueves, no streets!! 40 and 30 kilometers each, regular cars not recommended, but we made it with one ;)

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank willyoutravel
Heredia, Costa Rica
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I've been going to Monteverde/Santa Elena for some time already and have stayed in affordable hotels (I always avoid the high-end ones as you are paying too much $$ for a room in which basically you are just going to sleep, as in Monteverde you are out of the hotel most part of the day).

Anyway, I can say this is one of the best hotels I've stayed in. I payed for a single room, 2 nights, and I was given a room with queen bed and a single bed, huge! It was quite comfortable to sleep. My room also had a back door to a porch with a nice view (the hotel overlooks Santa Elena from a hill). Good breakfast and the hotel staff makes you feel good. The center of town is around 10 minutes walking and 2 minutes by car.

Cons: The parking space is a bit limited, only 3 cars.

Overall a very good deal for your money!

Room Tip: Ask for the room that connects to the porch on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jose C
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This B&B is located on the hill and a bit far from the public bus terminal. I dragged my luggage down the slope in dark and finally decided to call a cab. It's 10 minutes walking distance from the commercial area, so not bad. The first night I was placed in a room with poor shower water draining system and were asked to change to another suite the next day due to room conflict. The next day when I moved out of my first night room, I figured out that I actually stayed not in Mar Inn but another B&B next to it...... I guess they thought as long as I have a room to sleep in, I won't complain.... which it's true. Literally speaking, I only stayed in Mar Inn for one night. My room has a queen size bed and one single bed and can easily fit in 3 people at least. The facility is bit old but thinking about the room rate, it's not bad at all. Breakfast is good. Two super big pan cake, juice ,tea and fruit.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve, Costa Rica
Reviewed 14 February 2014

My sister and I stayed 2 nights and had such a wonderful time. Anthony and the staff here were part of the family,.they were all very helpful and friendly and the food and service was excellent ,room clean and bright the inn is in a great location only 5 mins from town steep hill but a great workout after the brownies in town at the bake shop will be back next year with more family and friends you can never have enough of Monteverde and all the trails and hiking

Room Tip: for a better view ask for accomadations on the top floor less noise but still all in all rooms are g...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Mar Inn is a fantastic place to stay. I spent three nights there in January 2014 as part of a longish trip through Central America staying at reasonably priced hotels and B&Bs. I have to say it was the best place I stayed. The staff (family run) were incredibly friendly, spoke English and were always on hand to help with day trip bookings. The place is fairly new with rooms that are well furnished and decorated. They also serve excellent breakfasts and offer free tea / coffee all day and will do your laundry for a few dollars. You can also cook your own food in the kitchen if you want to save costs. I was very windy when I was there but a good set of earplugs made for a great nights sleep. I normally wouldn't bother to write a review but this place really impressed me!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Hotel & Spa Poco a Poco
Hotel & Spa Poco a Poco
#13 of 20 in Monteverde
Los Pinos - Cabanas y Jardines

Been to Mar Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!