My boyfriend and I stumbled upon Villas Lodge when we arrived in Monteverde after trying to get in to Hotel Arcoiris, and we were VERY happy with what we found there!
This family run, quaint 8-room lodge is run by a kind, hospitable couple who were very helpful to us throughout our whole stay in Santa Elena/Monteverde. The location of the lodge is very nice, it's just about a 5-7 minute walk from the center of Santa Elena, where there are endless dining options/a few markets along the way. My boyfriend and I like being a little bit away from the center of all of the hustle and bustle of tourist-land, which is all around Santa Elena, where there are a vast amount of hip Backpacker hostels that boast the worlds "sickest" ziplines, so it was nice to be a little bit away from that. :)
The first night we stayed in the double room, where they discounted the price if we paid in efectivo (in real, hard cash), and we ended up paying $50 for an extremely spacious room with a fridge, bathroom, hot water, comfy beds, and cozy setting. We slept great in that room as well!
The next night we stayed in one of their cheaper rooms, that was still very nice, for $30. That night was one of the windiest nights I've ever experienced, and it was definitely really loud in the room, but there wasn't much the hotel had to blame for that. I'd say if you want a quieter room, then stay in the $50 room, it's way worth it.
They provide a tasty breakfast every morning, which includes delicious fresh fruits, your choice of tea,coffee, or juice, and then choice of eggs, toast, or desayuno tipico.
They also called us a colectivo in the morning to get us a ride to the Santa Elena Reserve, which was $2 each, rather than a $20 cab ride. They are such kind hosts, and the rooms are very well-kept.
I highly recommend this lodge, and would definitely go back to stay there once we are back in Santa Elena!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Monteverde Villa Lodge nestled in the heart of Santa Elena Monteverde steps away from adventure tours, banks, restaurants, and the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve, Monteverde Villa Lodge is on the pulse of the nature isle - perfect for researchers, students and tourist.Monteverde Villa Lodge boasts 8 rooms designed with distinctive charm using precious woods and great family-style ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Monteverde Villa Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monteverde Villa Hotel Santa Elena
- Monteverde Villa Lodge Costa Rica - Santa Elena