This was my first time in Monteverde, and there are many places to stay with either "monteverde" and "lodge" in their name. This one was a short, easy walk to the main road, but not on the main road. In fact, from here, it was easy to walk to numerous interesting places, including the Santa Elena Reserve.
Beautifully done with guancaste woods, this place had a peaceful green space in front of the cabins. And Heiner (the owner) was very informative and very helpful when it came to arranging adventures such as zip-lining and a night walk in the forest.
Breakfast was tasty, offering the usual choice of eggs, traditional food, or both. Also, bless them, the staff did my laundry (as I had been traveling for more than a week). My large room had a mini-fridge, a microwave, and a coffee-maker. I would certainly stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Monteverde Villa Lodge nestled in the heart of Santa Elena Monteverde steps away from adventure tours, banks, restaurants, and the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve, Monteverde Villa Lodge is on the pulse of the nature isle - perfect for researchers, students and tourist.Monteverde Villa Lodge boasts 8 rooms designed with distinctive charm using precious woods and great family-style ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Monteverde Villa Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monteverde Villa Hotel Santa Elena
- Monteverde Villa Lodge Costa Rica - Santa Elena