“Good food for fair price.”
Review of Sabor Tico

Sabor Tico
Ranked #5 of 47 Restaurants in Santa Elena
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Nice restaurant on first floor of shopping center. Very good food for fair prices. Very friendly staff. I can recommend Arroz de la casa, a rice dinner with shrimps and all kinds of meat. Dinner is served fast. Also the juices and milkshakes are very tasty.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,430)

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Part of my family went to Sabor Tico for a Linner. You know, a late lunch/early dinner. I had the Arroz con Pollo and my husband had the pork ribs. Out of everywhere we visited in Costa Rica (Arenal, Monteverde and Manuel Antonio) my husband said this was THE. BEST. FOOD. EVER! My linner was great but you should have seen his face. He was in heaven and just kept talking about how good the food was. Oh, and the price was right too. Affordable AND delicious?! Outstanding!! Thank you Sabor Tico!!

Reviewed 6 August 2017

Good value and good tasting food. The guacamole and tortilla chips was lovely, and the quesadillas were great too. Always busy, but always tables available.
Top floor of the new shopping mall/plaza...although think I saw another one somewhere else too.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

I Really don't like to write negative reviews, especially about local businesses.
But....this time i'll have to.
We went to sabor tico after reading the reviews on trip advisor, which usually are very accurate.
We ordered the most expensive dish on the menu...the mixed grill dish.
It was awful, the chicken was under cooked, the beef was hard and chewy, the sausage had a wierd taste....everything was bad about that dish.
We returned it...we never do that, but it was un eatable.

We ordered some thing else which was ok...just ok.

In the table beside us there was a big group of Dutch people....they had the same problem with that dish.

To conclude....very bad expirience.
Sorry....sabor tico..you will have to improve.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

Portions were large, food was good and service was good. I was bit disappointed that they did not have my first choice entree available. Our waiter was excellent, quite charming. I would have loved to mention his name, but I do not recall it. Over all good experience.