“Mostly good”

Maravilla
Price range: US$3 - US$12
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Reviewed 11 February 2013 via mobile

Service was very friendly and helpful. Food was good, but fell a little short of our high expectations after eating at Sabor Tico. So many good places to eat in Santa Elena, and this one is pretty high up the list.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

We ate here 2x in 3 days. Food is basic, but prices are right. Staff doesn't speak much English, but menu is bilingual.

Reviewed 17 January 2013

Make sure you try the payaya shake with milk. It is divine. I think what they do is freeze the papaya when it's at its optimal ripeness.

We spent three weeks in Central America, which meant a lot of payaya shakes were had, and Maravilla's was definitely the best.

The sugar cane juice is quite tasty as well.

The ceviche was fresh and the fish casado was very nice. I would not recommend the spaghetti with pesto though -- it was much too oily and not particularly flavourful.

Maravilla is less expensive than most of the other restaurants in Santa Elena, so if you want good food for a good price, I would suggest that you come here.

Reviewed 4 January 2013

I had the grilled fish and it comes with rice, salad, black beans, plantain. It tasted good and great value for money!

Reviewed 4 January 2013

We arrived after a busy day of playing tourist and were glad to be able to sit and relax in this comfortable restaurant. We arrived early in the evening, so it wasn't very crowded and we didn't feel at all rushed by our attentive server. The atmosphere was nice but nothing special.

I had the fish casado while my wife ordered the chicken quesadilla. We both enjoyed the refreshing smoothies, especially after our full day. The quesadilla was very nice, as was the fish portion of my casado. The rest of the casado was fairly standard fare, though.

All in all, though, it was a very enjoyable dinner for $18, including taxes and tips.