Stayed here on excursion in 2004 with a study abroad program. Traveling here was nothing like I've ever experience before...very rough roads and we were on a charter bus. The hotel is nice but not luxurious by any means (and that’s ok, now...not so much then). The rooms are comfortable; however, the first night we were greeted by a huge tarantula which freaked us out. In the morning, we took cold showers (no hot water) and were served a decent breakfast. Later, we called taxis to take to the various tourist locations (museums, zip line tours (highly recommended), etc.) located on the mountain.
That night, we went to a restaurant on the mountain (cannot remember the name but I believe it was the only nightclub) for dinner (food was good), Later, it turned into a night club. We had a great time...so great that we missed the last taxi up (last taxi left at 10, not sure if this is still the case).
The next morning, we had breakfast and were on our way.
Suggestions: Bring raincoat and multiple clothes/t-shirts, socks as I was always wet and didn't have enough dry clothes to change into and boots/sneakers for excursions.
I was a little prissy then and haven't experienced much in the form of traveling. Looking back it was a great experience (except the spider and the walk home) and I would definitely go again. Recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Pacific Province of Puntarenas at 4.500 Feet above the sea level, Hotel de Montana Monteverde offers 42 comfortable rooms as well as a Jacuzzi, Sauna, Conference Room,internet, Bar and Restaurant which offers the special flavor and charm of home cooked Costa Rican cuisine.Adjacent to the hotel is a 15-hacres private forest, offering excellent view and trails, including a small pond for the guests enjoyment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L., Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Montana Monteverde reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montana Monteverde Hotel
- Montana Monteverde Santa Elena
- Hotel Montana Monteverde Costa Rica - Santa Elena