We lucked out on our room as it was located furthest away from the busy road. The room had one full wall of windows which opened to a quaint patio. Then nothing but a gorgeous view of the mountain side. This was the best the room had to offer. There was no internet in the room, be it free or for purchase. The only WIFI was located in the lobby and it was not a very strong signal. The bathroom of the room was outdated and the per room hot water heater lasted for only one quick shower, which resulted in split shower shifts...and one really cold shower. The on premises bar was neat with a wide selection and fun atmosphere. The hotel restaurant was a bit on the expensive side, but nothing out of the ordinary for hotel restaurants. The workers in the restaurant were both very accommodating and very nice. The only meals we had were breakfast and they were both very good, the selection were slight. Every table got a big plate of fruit, yummy. Every table got juice and coffee, yummy. Every table got the option of three breakfast choices, with eggs; Pancakes, Gallos Pintos, or French Toast. The food was very good and the hot chocolate was worth it's weight in gold.
There is a great walking trail on the premises, that takes you through some typical woods of the area, we saw animals and many birds. The hotel is located within a 10-15 min walk to the center of Santa Elena. It's hilly and a lot of the walk is on the road while cars whip around the corners, but walking in this manner was very common no matter where you were located. Overall not an unpleasant place to stay. Many good qualities, with only minor issues with the bathroom in the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Pacific Province of Puntarenas at 4.500 Feet above the sea level, Hotel de Montana Monteverde offers 42 comfortable rooms as well as a Jacuzzi, Sauna, Conference Room,internet, Bar and Restaurant which offers the special flavor and charm of home cooked Costa Rican cuisine.Adjacent to the hotel is a 15-hacres private forest, offering excellent view and trails, including a small pond for the guests enjoyment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Evoline ltd and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Montana Monteverde reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montana Monteverde Hotel
- Montana Monteverde Santa Elena
- Hotel Montana Monteverde Costa Rica - Santa Elena