We stayed here for two nights as part of a tour. The room was clean with a giant bath tub but we couldn't work the plug! Breakfast and lunch compared well with other hotels in the area. It was great to hear the dawn chorus with a variety of sounds. The trail round the grounds was amazing as we saw a Motmot bird, coati (like racoons) and giant butterflies plus lines of leaf carrying ants.
Lots to do in the area. Butterfly farms, frog collections and hummingbird areas. Santa Elena was full of backpackers and other places to eat. Staff at the hotel were very helpful when we had transport issues.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Pacific Province of Puntarenas at 4.500 Feet above the sea level, Hotel de Montana Monteverde offers 42 comfortable rooms as well as a Jacuzzi, Sauna, Conference Room,internet, Bar and Restaurant which offers the special flavor and charm of home cooked Costa Rican cuisine.Adjacent to the hotel is a 15-hacres private forest, offering excellent view and trails, including a small pond for the guests enjoyment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Montana Monteverde reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montana Monteverde Hotel
- Montana Monteverde Santa Elena
- Hotel Montana Monteverde Costa Rica - Santa Elena