“Best tacos ever!”

Ranked #2 of 47 Restaurants in Santa Elena
Price range: US$8 - US$14
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Description: Tico-Mex: A Unique blend of Tex-Mex spice and local fresh ingredients. Great food does not have to come from great distances. Take what you love and make it with what you have! Our Commitments: Fresh food prepared when you order! Local ingredients whenever possible! Small foot print! Good social stewardship! Competitive employment opportunities, and excellent customer service! We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all of our products! If we don't meet your expectations, please let us know and we make it right! Big Food! Big Love!
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I was intrigued by this place one day while exploring the area and came back the following day when we needed something quick. (Being just a window on the street I expected it to be fast food. It took about 12-15 minutes to get our food.) It was delicious – some of the best tacos I’ve ever eaten. I ordered the pork tacos. They have pork, sautéed onions, grilled pineapple, cabbage and creamy cilantro sauce. Amazing. My husband ordered a large veggie burrito. He also really liked his. I will say that my husband would’ve been OK with the small and I could’ve gotten away with 2 tacos in place of 3, but I was happy to eat the last one!

There are newer reviews for Taco Taco

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We have had our breakfasts at Taco Taco while staying at Pension Santa Elena, which is Taco Taco's venue.

The breakfast taco was delicious - featuring a tortilla, scrambled eggs, a choice of potatoes or beans and cheese. One could also choose between two of their house salsas which were equally delicious. The tacos were accompanied with some fresh fruit such as pineapple or watermelon.

Their lunch offering was also great. I sampled their Taco Pork de Pastor which featured slow roasted pork meat, pineapple salsa and roasted onions. Portion was ample and very well priced.

Both Taco Taco and tiny Mexican joint El Chile provided the much needed relief from overkill of casados and gallo pinto.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Very good bearing in mind that this is Costa Rica and may not be the Mexican food that you are used to getting in other places such as Mexico, California or Texas. Well seasoned (Baja style tacos) fast and friendly service that is at a taco stand type facility that has an eating area off to the side. Great for a quick meal, especially if you are on-the-go!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

My boyfriend and I stopped here for lunch on our way out of Monteverde, and it was a nice treat before hitting the road. We had the beef and fish tacos and enjoyed them. We were also preatty hungry for Mexican food since we had not had any good tacos on our Costa Rican trip up until then, so that probably contributed to our perception of how good the tacos were. But overall, it was a great place.

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

I'm still dreaming about the Baja veggie tacos. We went here twice in two days it was so good. Best spot to eat in Santa Elena. Delicious!