This is a very popular place with backpackers, from around the world, and has cooking facilities, common areas and super helpful staff. The place was always bustling and full of activity while we were there.
My wife and I stayed here, with our 14 year old grandson, in our own clean, private room with its own bathroom. After a couple of days of zip lining (which was fantastic), we realized our grandson had a serious ear infection (likely contracted several days earlier). The staff at the pension contacted an excellent local doctor who made a house call about 20 minutes later. Shortly after we visited the local pharmacy and our grandson began a course of antibiotics. We were very grateful for this helpful, prompt service.
There are 2 restaurants that we would also recommend - Restaurante Morphos and Tree House Restaurante and Cafe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our mission is to "exceed our guests' expectations of a Travelers Hotel by providing outstanding services and dependable information. We commit resources and time to preserving the values and traditions of our communities." Pure Life...Pure Hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Pension Santa Elena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pension Santa Elena Hotel Santa Elena
- Pension Santa Elena Monteverde, Costa Rica