I stayed at La Pension Santa Elena in May of this year for 4 nights. I was only meant to stay for 2 and leave when friends of mine left but I enjoyed La Pension Santa Elena and Monteverde so much that I found myself staying for 4. I stayed in both a 3 person room and a single room and both were lovely, clean and cosy. It's safe and secure, comfortable and has a warm, welcoming atmosphere. Ran and Diego are incredibly kind and helpful and have an in-depth knowledge and first hand experience of Monteverde and the rest of Costa Rica. They are able to give honest advice about activities in the area because they themselves have actually tried them. They also helped me to plan the remainder of my solo trip through Costa Rica and I had a wonderful time having followed their advice. It provided fantastic value for money and it doesn't hurt that it's right next door to the delicious and very reasonably priced Taco Taco, where you get your free breakfast while staying at La Pension Santa Elena.
I would recommend La Pension Santa Elena to anyone visiting Monteverde, whether they are travelling solo, as a couple or as a group.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our mission is to "exceed our guests' expectations of a Travelers Hotel by providing outstanding services and dependable information. We commit resources and time to preserving the values and traditions of our communities." Pure Life...Pure Hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Pension Santa Elena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pension Santa Elena Hotel Santa Elena
- Pension Santa Elena Monteverde, Costa Rica