Although the new owner is a little crotchety (interesting for someone so young), the Pension Sta. Elena is a pleasant place to stay. The staff is generally helpful in securing adventure excursions, and the rooms are clean. There are electric showers!!! THe prices are excellent--dorm beds are the cheapest, but my dad and I stayed in a room with a bathroom and two beds (ELECTRIC SHOWER!!!!!) for $14/night. This is an excellent jumping off point for sky treks, jeep boat jeep to Arenal, and the cloud forest.
I've staryed there for two years in a row and highly recommend Pension Sta. Elena. If you are on a budget and want a hot shower and a communal kitchen and a hammock to hang out in, this is the place for you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our mission is to "exceed our guests' expectations of a Travelers Hotel by providing outstanding services and dependable information. We commit resources and time to preserving the values and traditions of our communities." Pure Life...Pure Hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Pension Santa Elena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pension Santa Elena Hotel Santa Elena
- Pension Santa Elena Monteverde, Costa Rica